linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

On January 1, 2014, Fishbone Corporation sold a building that

Customer Question

On January 1, 2014, Fishbone Corporation sold a building that cost $253,500 and that had accumulated depreciation of $102,700 on the date of sale. Fishbone received as consideration a $242,800 non-interest-bearing note due on January 1, 2017. There was no established exchange price for the building, and the note had no ready market. The prevailing rate of interest for a note of this type on January 1, 2014, was 8%. At what amount should the gain from the sale of the building be reported? (Round factor values to 5 decimal places, e.g. 1.25124 and final answer to 0 decimal places, e.g. 458,581.)
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Anything else I can tell the Tutor before I connect you two?
Customer: On January 1, 2014, Fishbone Corporation purchased 320 of the $1,000 face value, 8%, 10-year bonds of Walters Inc. The bonds mature on January 1, 2024, and pay interest annually beginning January 1, 2015. Fishbone purchased the bonds to yield 11%. How much did Fishbone pay for the bonds? (Round factor values to 5 decimal places, e.g. 1.25124 and final answer to 0 decimal places, e.g. 458,581.)
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Johnmark1900 replied 8 months ago.
Hellodo you still need the assistance? if so let me know your deadlinethanx