linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Creative Solutions, Inc. has a successful brand with the

Customer Question

Creative Solutions, Inc. has a successful brand with the name Top Goal. The market size in which Top Goal competes is $2 billion, and Top Goal has generated sales of $150 million. It has a contribution margin of 30%.
Creative Solutions is thinking of introducing a new brand under the name of Peak Goal. Peak Goal will compete in the same market as Top Goal. The budget to launch this brand is expected to be $20 million.
If it is launched, Peak Goal will capture 10% of the market. It has a contribution margin of 40%. Half of the sales of Peak Goal will be cannibalized from the sales of Top Goal. An alternative strategy for Creative Solutions is to cancel the introduction of Peak Goal and instead to spend the $20 million to promote Top Goal. This action is expected to double the sales for Top Goal. Both brands (Top Goal and Peak Goal) would sell at the same price.
Where should the company spend the $20 million and why? You must show all calculations to receive credit. (Points : 25)
3. A large hotel resort decides to develop a customer retention program. The goal of this program is to motivate its heavy users to continue being loyal to the company by offering them appropriate incentives. You will create a marketing research plan to help the company design the retention program. Specifically, you need to identify: 1.The types of information the company will need to design the retention program.
2.Where to obtain the information.
3.The best method to obtain the information
4. Company XZC sells its Lenex Brand to four different segments—A, B, C, and D. The variable cost for Lenex is $15. The size of each segment is 1000 people. The reservation prices for the segments are:
A $50
B $40
C $30
D $20
1.Assuming the XZC cannot use price discrimination, at what price should it sell Lenex to maximize its profits? How much would the profits be?
2.If Lenex could use price discrimination, how much would the profits rise? What would be the practical difficulty in implementing it?
3.Assume that the government wants everyone to be able to afford Lenex. It offers XZC a subsidy of $20,000 if XZC sells Lenex to all 4000 potential customers. Should XZC accept this offer? (Hint: XZC is trying to maximize its profits and in this case cannot use price discrimination.)
4.Assume that the government wants everyone to be able to afford Lenex. It offers XZC a subsidy of $7 per unit sold if XZC sells Lenex to all 4000 potential customers. Should XZC accept this offer? (Hint: XZC is trying to maximize its profits and in this case cannot use price discrimination.)
You must show all calculations to receive credit.
5. Forsman, Inc. has sales of $10,000,000. The contribution margin is 40% and the fixed costs are $1,000,000. The price per unit is $10. The company is considering two different strategies for increasing their profits: 1.Spend $800,000 in advertising. The result is expected to increase the company’s sales by 50%.
2.Reduce the price by 20%. The price-demand elasticity is 2.0.
Which of the two strategies will generate the highest profits? You must show all calculations to receive credit.
(Points : 25)
6. Anytime Fitness is a company that has 24/7 fitness centers. Members are given keys to the centers and can work out any time, any day. The company provides modern equipment, but not classes and personal training sessions like other gyms. You are a marketing manager for this company and need to select a target market. 1.What segmentation criteria would you use to segment this market?
2.Of the segments you included in your answer above, select one as your target market and describe it in detail. Why did you select it?
3.What key benefits will you present to potential customers? Why should they care (i.e. how will make these benefits appealing)?
(Points : 25)
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please mention the deadline, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like it within the next few hours if possible.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I can provide the answer in next 24 hours, please let me know if this work for you, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will be fine, can you add explainations so I know how to do these types of problems?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I am sending you the offer please accept it so I can provide the answer, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess specifically 2, 4 and 5.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

I have sent you the offer please accept it so I can provide the answer, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was a tutor service. Never mind, please just provide me with the answers.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

I cant provide them until the offer is accepted, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The offer is for an additional 102 dollars. I already paid 78 dollars.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

The total fair price is $180 for all the work so 78 plus 102 makes the total of $180.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am only interested in the answers. I will figure out the rest in my own. I am not interested in the add on offer. I paid a deposit of $5 then $78 for the answers. I do not want the additional Q &A service.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

I am not offering any additional services, the offer is to provide the answers for these questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** like my refund of 78 dollars.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

You can contact customer service in this regard, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you mind referring me to someone else?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Nopes, I will optout in that case so other expert can see your question and help you, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no longer need question 4 answered. I only need 1. 3, 5 and 6 in their entirety answered. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only need the following questions answered:1. Creative Solutions, Inc. has a successful brand with the name Top Goal. The market size in which Top Goal competes is $2 billion, and Top Goal has generated sales of $150 million. It has a contribution margin of 30%.Creative Solutions is thinking of introducing a new brand under the name of Peak Goal. Peak Goal will compete in the same market as Top Goal. The budget to launch this brand is expected to be $20 million.If it is launched, Peak Goal will capture 10% of the market. It has a contribution margin of 40%. Half of the sales of Peak Goal will be cannibalized from the sales of Top Goal. An alternative strategy for Creative Solutions is to cancel the introduction of Peak Goal and instead to spend the $20 million to promote Top Goal. This action is expected to double the sales for Top Goal. Both brands (Top Goal and Peak Goal) would sell at the same price.Where should the company spend the $20 million and why? You must show all calculations to receive credit.2. A large hotel resort decides to develop a customer retention program. The goal of this program is to motivate its heavy users to continue being loyal to the company by offering them appropriate incentives. You will create a marketing research plan to help the company design the retention program. Specifically, you need to identify: 1.The types of information the company will need to design the retention program.
2.Where to obtain the information.
3.The best method to obtain the information4. Forsman, Inc. has sales of $10,000,000. The contribution margin is 40% and the fixed costs are $1,000,000. The price per unit is $10. The company is considering two different strategies for increasing their profits: 1.Spend $800,000 in advertising. The result is expected to increase the company’s sales by 50%.
2.Reduce the price by 20%. The price-demand elasticity is 2.0.Which of the two strategies will generate the highest profits? You must show all calculations to receive credit.5. Anytime Fitness is a company that has 24/7 fitness centers. Members are given keys to the centers and can work out any time, any day. The company provides modern equipment, but not classes and personal training sessions like other gyms. You are a marketing manager for this company and need to select a target market. 1.What segmentation criteria would you use to segment this market?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correction: I now only need questions 1, 4, and 5 answered in their entirety. Thank you again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last update: I only need two questions answered.1. Creative Solutions, Inc. has a successful brand with the name Top Goal. The market size in which Top Goal competes is $2 billion, and Top Goal has generated sales of $150 million. It has a contribution margin of 30%.Creative Solutions is thinking of introducing a new brand under the name of Peak Goal. Peak Goal will compete in the same market as Top Goal. The budget to launch this brand is expected to be $20 million.If it is launched, Peak Goal will capture 10% of the market. It has a contribution margin of 40%. Half of the sales of Peak Goal will be cannibalized from the sales of Top Goal. An alternative strategy for Creative Solutions is to cancel the introduction of Peak Goal and instead to spend the $20 million to promote Top Goal. This action is expected to double the sales for Top Goal. Both brands (Top Goal and Peak Goal) would sell at the same price.Where should the company spend the $20 million and why? You must show all calculations to receive credit.2. Forsman, Inc. has sales of $10,000,000. The contribution margin is 40% and the fixed costs are $1,000,000. The price per unit is $10. The company is considering two different strategies for increasing their profits: 1.Spend $800,000 in advertising. The result is expected to increase the company’s sales by 50%.
2.Reduce the price by 20%. The price-demand elasticity is 2.0.Which of the two strategies will generate the highest profits? You must show all calculations to receive credit.What would be my new price for these two questions?