linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

TAX FORM/RETURN PREPARATION PROBLEMS I need to fill out the

Customer Question

TAX FORM/RETURN PREPARATION PROBLEMS
I need to fill out the IRS form 2106, but I am having trouble figuring out the correct figures to input. Please help me fill out the form. Thank you.
In 2014, Micah Johnson (SSN###-##-#### ***** ***** as a manager and incurs the following unreimbursed employee business expenses:
Airplane and taxi fees: $4,000
Lodging away from home: $5,000
Meals while away from home: $1,000
Automobile expenses (related to 100% of the use of his personal automobile):
Gasoline and oil: $8,500
Repairs: $1,000
Insurance: $900
Depreciation: $1,775
Parking and tolls (includes only business use): $100
Total: $22,275
Johnson receives a $7,800 reimbursement for the travel expenses. He did not receive any reimbursement for the auto expenses. He uses his personal automobile 80% for business use and placed his current automobile in service on October 1, 2010. Total business miles driven during the year (evenly throughout the year) amount to 26,400, his commuting miles in 2014 amount to 2000 (average daily roundtrip of 7 miles), and other personal miles amount to 4,600 miles. Johnson's AGI is $60,000, and he has no other misc. itemized deductions.
a) Calculate Johnson's expense deduction using the 2014 Form 2106 based on actual automobile expenses and other employee business expenses.
b) calculate Johnson's expense deduction for 2014 using the standard mileage rate method and other business employee expenses (assume that none of the restrictions on the use of the standard mileage rate method are applicable).
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  PDtax replied 12 months ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

I can work this up later tonight.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi PDtax,Please disregard this request. I was able to solve the problem on my own. Thank you for your assistance.