linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

I need help with my operation management assignment

Customer Question

Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  CosumelEyes replied 1 year ago.
Please give details of the assignment so we can know if we can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Dulac Box plant produces wooden packing boxes to be used in the local seafood industry. Current operations allow the company to make 500 boxes per day, in two 8-hour shifts (250 boxes per shift). There are 5 full-time workers on each shift. The company has introduced some moderate changes in equipment, and conducted appropriate job training, so that production levels have risen to 300 boxes per shift. Also, with these changes there are now 4 full-time workers on each shift. Labor costs average $10 per hour for each worker on each shift. Capital costs were previously $3,000 per day, and rose to $3,200 per day with the equipment modifications. Energy costs at $400 per day were unchanged by the modifications. The output is measured in terms of the number of boxes that are produced.a) What is the firm's labor hours productivity after the changes?b) What is the percent change in the multifactor productivity before and after the changes?c) Suppose the company now wants to increase productivity as measured by the multifactor productivity factor by 10% at the 300 boxes per shift level of output. To achieve this target, it can only reduce its labor per box. It will use the freed up labor for other activities. How many labor hours per shift will each worker have available for other activities if the company achieves this new level of productivity?
2. (18 points)Following are the number of victories for the Blue Sox and the hotel occupancy rate for the past eight years. You have been asked to test three forecasting methods to see which method provides a better forecast for the Number of Blue Sox wins.Year Number of Blue Sox Wins Occupancy Rate
1 70 78%
2 67 83
3 75 86
4 87 85
5 87 89
6 91 92
7 89 91
8 85 94
9 87 92
10 88 93For the following, calculate all forecasts to one decimal place (example, 93.2%)You are asked to forecast the Number of Blue Sox Wins for Year 10. Although you believe there might be a linear regression relationship, your boss has told you to only consider the following three forecasting methods:
• 5-period moving average,
• 3-period weighted moving average, unfortunately, you spilled coffee on the paper with the weights for each period. You can tell that the weights for the most recent and the third most recent period are 0.7 and 0.1 respectively. The weight for the second most recent period would be consistent with the weighted moving average method we have studied in class.
• exponential smoothing with α = 0.30 and the forecast for Year 2 for Number of Blue Sox Wins is 63.0.a) What is the forecast from each of these three methods for Year 11?b) Using one of the forecast evaluation techniques that we have used as part of the homework assignment for this topic and using the forecasts for Years 6 through 10, which forecasting method do you recommend using for preparing your forecast for Year 11? Why?
3. (21 points)A soft drink maker wants to expand into a neighboring country. They want the product bottled in that country to avoid political issues and to enhance the local image of the product. They have identified two options for the expansion. The first is to build a highly automated plant. The economies of scale would allow them to produce a can of soda for $0.04 and the distribution costs would be $0.02 per can. This facility would cost $1 million per year in fixed costs. The second option would be to build a semi-automated plant that would cost $650,000 per year in fixed costs. However, the cost to produce a can would be $0.07 and the distribution cost would be $0.04 per can.a) Over what range of product would each plant be preferred?b) Suppose the company believes that the demand would be 6,000,000 cans per year. Suppose all costs except the variable cost (sum of the production and distribution costs) for the semi- automated process are certain and can not change. What would the variable cost (the sum of the production and distribution cost) per can for the highly automated process have to be so that the soft drinker maker is indifferent between the two types of plants?c) Now suppose each alternative has a different capacity. The total estimated demand for the year is 5,300,000 if the company sells each can for $0.32. However, only the highly automated process can produce and distribute this amount. If the semi-automated process is used, the company would only be able to produce and distribute 4,200,000 cans annually. To offset the lower volume, the company will raise the price of each can to $0.35. It will be able to sell all it produces at this price. Using all of the information presented in the problem, which process should it use? WhyIs there a way to send the full assignment to you? Please do not charge my card before letting my know the price and wheatear or not you will be able to complete the assignment
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, but this belongs in a different category, so I will make the request to move it.Good luck with your studies.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic. Your question is open to all Experts.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
You may upload at www.mediafire.com or www.wikisend.com and provide me the link, also mention your deadline, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im confused on how this work..... were the questions answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
There are 9 questions and they are technical and lengthy followed by parts therefore the fair price is $360, please also mention your deadline, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ohhhhh ok no thank you then I do not have 360
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What did I pay 70 for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will that be refunded?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Please contact JA customer service as the expert account is not credited unless the answer is provided and rated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ohhh ok thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, take care.