linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

1 Solve the following linear programming problem

Customer Question

B.1 Solve the following linear programming problem graphically: Maximize profit = 4X + 6Y Subject to: X + 2Y < 8 5X + 4Y < 20 X, Y > 0 B.5 Solve the following LP problem graphically: Minimize cost = 24X + 15Y Subject to: 7X + 11Y > 77 16X + 4Y > 80 X,
Y > 0 B.7 The Attaran Corporation manufactures two electrical products: portable air conditioners and portable heaters. The assembly process for each is similar in that both require a certain amount of wiring and drilling. Each air conditioner takes 3 hours
of wiring and 2 hours of drilling. Each heater must go through 2 hours of wiring and 1 hour of drilling. During the next production period, 240 hours of wiring time are available and up to 140 hours of drilling time may be used. Each air conditioner sold yields
a profit of $25. Each heater assembled may be sold for a $15 profit. Formulate and solve this LP production-mix situation, and find the best combination of air conditioners and heaters that yields the highest profit. B.11 The Sweet Smell Fertilizer Company
markets bags of manure labeled “not less than 60 lb dry weight.” The packaged manure is a combination of compost and sewage wastes. To provide good-quality fertilizer, each bag should contain at least 30 lb of compost but no more than 40 lb of sewage. Each
pound of compost costs Sweet Smell 5 cents and each pound of sewage costs 4 cents. Use a graphical LP method to determine the least-cost blend of compost and sewage in each bag. B.21. Par, Inc., produces a standard golf bag and a deluxe golf bag on a weekly
basis. Each golf bag requires time for cutting and dyeing and time for sewing and finishing, as shown in the following table: Par, Inc., will sell whatever quantities it produces of these two products. a) Find the mix of standard and deluxe golf bags to produce
per week that maximizes weekly profit from these activities. b) What is the value of the profit?
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 years ago.
Will go through and come back what is your deadline, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sunday. Thanks
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 years ago.
Sorry unable to do this, therefore opting out so other experts may help you, thanks.
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.
I will post the answers this afternoon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
I see that I did a project for you the other day, and the service shows that you opted me out.
Please confirm that there were no issues with that project, and that you want me to finish this one.
PDtax