Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0
3708793

Performance Metrics ProblemYou have been given the following

Customer Question

Performance Metrics Problem
You have been given the following return information for two mutual funds (Papa and Mama), the market index, and the risk-free rate.
Year Papa Fund Mama Fund Market Risk-Free
2008 -12.6% -22.6 -24.5% 1%
2009 25.4 18.5 19.5 3
2010 8.5 9.2 9.4 2
2011 15.5 8.5 7.6 4
2012 2.6 -1.2 -2.2 2
Calculate the Sharpe ratio, Treynor ratio, Jensen’s alpha, information ratio, and R-squared for both funds and determine which is the best choice for your portfolio
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Thank you for requesting me to answer your post
I am working on the question, but I wanted to advise you that Just Answer has recently introduced a new “Additional Service” where I can help you through email. Since this is an additional service, it involves an additional charge, yet I agree with your initial offer so I can charge you the lowest possible charge for additional services ($5) If interested, I can send you an offer. Please advise.
Thank you
Sorry for the multiple messages, but since I might not be online when you respond, I will send you an offer for email help, if you want me to help by email, please accept the offer. Once you accept the "Additional Services" offer, you will see another box below this one that says "Private Contact Info", please type your email address there
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when my work will be ready ?
In a maximum of 20 minutes, but please read the message I have sent you above regarding the "Additional Services" and advise if you prefer to receive help through email
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I prefer to receive my answers from here .
Sure :)
Please click on the following link to download the solution:
https://app.box.com/s/8ejoxb6eju8zjy12f085wd0dhfj5phx2
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear, please rate the service
P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For Manal Elkhoshkhany" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me at least 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will (Also please notify me at least 48 hours in advance) . Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I need the procedures of the work not only just the answers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to show all the work how you do it not only the answers
If you click on any cell in the excel sheet, you will be able to see the formula used :) For example, if you click on Cell D19, you will see it says "=D7-G7", and so on
Thank you
I am not feeling well and need to go. Please go through the solutions, and if you have any questions, combine them under one message and I will address them as soon as I am back. If you find that you have no further questions, please rate the service
All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problems of the solutions is not right because treynor ratio formula is Treynor ratio = (RI – Rf) ÷ beta and i do not see it in your work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sharper ratio formula is Sharpe ratio = (Mean portfolio return − Risk-free rate)/Standard deviation of portfolio return how you get those answers without showing the work
Hello
The solution is 100% correct and I have the book's solutions manual. As to how to calculate, it is all on the sheet. Please note that as I have advised you earlier you can click on any cell and you would see the formula used.
I am sorry, today is a very hard day for me and I am not feeling well at all so I will opt out from answering any more questions, but the solution is 100% correct
Sorry about that
All the best