linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

In the banking industry, the return on equity ratio or percentage

Customer Question

In the banking industry, the return on equity ratio or percentage is used to evaluate the financial performance of a bank. Such information is extremely valuable to investors.
Calculate the return on equity (ROE) for a sample of 20 banks for the year before the Sarbanes-Oxley Act was enacted. For the same sample of banks, calculate the ROE for the year following the enactment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Later, answer the following questions:
• After the enactment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, was the average bank’s ROE lower than it was before the act? If so, why do you think that was the case?
• What is the null hypothesis for this hypothesis test?
• What is the alternative hypothesis for this hypothesis test?
• Choose at least three different significant levels to conduct the hypothesis test. Is it possible that a Type I error occurred with the hypothesis test? Why or why not?
• Is it possible that a Type II error occurred? Why or why not?
Submit your answers in an eight- to ten-page Word document.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.
Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.
You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's only what I got. Whatever you can figure out and whatever answer will be fine with me. I need the answer today.