76) The real estate brokerage industry has been disrupted by companies such as Zillow and
HomeGain for each of the following reasons except:
a. Homeowners can enter zillow.com and go to zestimate to get an approximation of their
home’s market value with a map of the neighborhood.
b. The Zillow and Homegain sites provide more services and information than Web 1.0.
c. The Web 2.0 real estate sites have driven down commissions from 6 percent to almost
d. Homeowners can get comparisons of the estimated price of their home with neighbors’
77) All of the following are true about YouTube except:
a. YouTube is building a community that is highly motivated to watch and share videos.
b. The company encourages users to contact YouTube.
c. Some experts think Yahoo paid too much for YouTube.
d. The growth of YouTube has been extremely rapid, depending largely on referrals from
users who alerted their friends and family to a favorite video.
78) Distinct layers of the Web 3.0 topology include each of the following except:
b. API services.
c. application services.
d. serviced clients.
79) An evolving extension of the Web in which Web content can be expressed not only in natural language, but also in a form that can be understood, interpreted, and used by intelligent computer software agents is known as ___________.
a. net neutrality
b. mobile social networks
c. semantic web
d. voice commerce
80) For ________ companies, it may be even more important to change strategies quickly.
b. pure play
81) Projections of the business, technological, political, economic, and other environments are
b. SWOT analysis
c. competitive intelligence
d. value propositions
82) A specific outcome of the strategy initiation phase is the ________, which includes the
vision, mission, value proposition, goals, capabilities, constraints, strengths, and weaknesses
of the company.
a. company analysis
b. value proposition
c. core competency
d. functional strategy
83) After four years in business, a magazine publisher decides to add the online distribution of its
magazine to its existing traditional publishing business. The company would need to
develop a __________.
a. business strategy.
b. business plan.
c. business case.
d. business metric.
84) The ________ pricing strategy means adding up all the costs involved, such as material, labor,
rent, overhead, and so forth, and adding a percentage mark-up as profit.
b. competitor model
c. revenue markup
d. price percentage
85) With the balanced scorecard approach, the term balance arises because the combined set of
measures is supposed to encompass indicators that are all of the following except:
a. core and non-core.
b. financial and nonfinancial.
c. leading and lagging.
d. quantitative and qualitative.
86) Not all EC investments need to be formally justified. All of the following are cases where
formal evaluation may not be needed except:
a. when the value of the investment is relatively small for the organization.
b. when competitors have made that type of investment.
c. when the relevant data are not available, are inaccurate, or are too volatile.
d. when the EC project is mandated and must be done regardless of the costs and
87) Metrics are used to describe all of the following except:
d. the ratio of costs to benefits.
88) In B2C, an example of a tangible EC metric from the buyer’s perspective is ____________.
a. ease of use of EC
b. convenience in purchasing
c. profit per customer
d. cost/price of the product
89) Transaction costs include all of the following except:
a. production costs incurred for labor and overhead.
b. search costs incurred by buyers and sellers in locating each other and specifi c products
c. negotiation costs that result from meetings, communication-related expenses,
exchanges of technical data or brochures, entertainment, and legal costs.
d. monitoring costs incurred when buyers and sellers make sure that the exchange
proceeds according to the terms under which the sale was made.
90) McAfee allows users of its VirusScan virus-detection software to automatically update the
latest security patches online. This is an example of ________ to attract customers who value
this automatic update.
a. competitive advantage
b. core competency
c. product or service differentiation
91) ________ is money invested in a business by an individual or a group of individuals in
exchange for equity in the business.
a. Venture capital
b. Operating capital
c. Start-up funding
92) A ________ site is an exact duplicate of the original Website physically located on a Web
server on another continent.
93) The Web hosting option under which the business acquires the hardware, software, staff, and
dedicated telecommunications services needed to host a Website is called ___________.
b. mirror hosting
c. using a storebuilder
d. ISP hosting
94) Creating content that offers upgraded or more expensive versions of the product is called
95) ________ offers one of the most popular storefront packages with three levels of merchant
solutions: starter, standard, and professional.
96) Which of the following is a major property right relevant to EC and websites?
a. Control of the use of the property
b. The right to any benefit from the property
c. The right to exclude others from the property
d. All are major property rights.
97) Which of the following is true about the scope of business ethics?
a. The scope of business ethics has expanded to encompass the nature and quality
of the relationships with shareholders, customers, business partners, suppliers,
the community, environment, and future generations.
b. The scope of business ethics has been limited to a company’s actions with regard to
how it treats employees and obeys laws.
c. The scope of business ethics has not changed because laws have not changed.
d. The scope of business ethics has not changed even though laws have expanded.
98) Corporate Web policy guidelines include all of the following except:
a. issue word-of-mouth acceptable use policies (AUP).
b. make it clear to employees that they cannot use copyrighted or trademarked material
c. post disclaimers concerning content.
d. have attorneys with cyber law expertise review Web content.
99) Companies can improve their responsibility as custodians of customers’ personal data by
a. opt-in and opt-out information practices.
c. e-mail monitoring.
100) EC sellers need to protect against fraud and each of the following except:
a. public keys.
b. customers who deny that they placed an order.
c. customers who give false credit card or bad check information in payment for products
and services provided.
d. use of their name by imposter sellers.