F. Naz
F. Naz, B.Com
Experience:  have completed B.Com and CA Finalist

I'm needing assistance with two separate case studies that are both on the same Microsoft Excel workbook under two worksheets. Formulas/explanation included.

File link below:
Hi, by what time do you need the answer thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Preferably as soon soon as possible. Tomorrow night or Friday works.

Okay I am working on it and will come back as soon as I finish it before your deadline, take care.
Please check data for case 9-1 is not given, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You're right. My apologies. Here is the information as requested:

9-1 Acupuncture,Tea,and Rice-Filled Heating Pads

Karen is an acupuncturist with a busy practice. In addition to acupuncture services, Karen sells teas, herbal supplements, and rice-filled heating pads. Because Karen’s primary income is from acupuncture, she feels that she is providing the other items simply to fill a need and not as an important source of profits. As a matter of fact, the rice-filled heating pads are made by a patient who receives acupuncture for them instead of paying cash. The rice-filled pads cost Karen $5.00, $8.00, and $12.00, respectively, for small, medium, and large sizes. The ginger tea, relaxing tea, cold & flu tea, and detox tea cost her $2.59 per box plus $5.00 shipping and handling for 24 boxes. Karen uses a cost plus markup method, whereby she adds the same set amount to each box of tea. She figures that each box costs $2.59 plus $0.21 shipping and handling, which totals $2.80, then she adds $0.70 profit to each box and sells it for $3.50. Do you think this is a good pricing strategy? How would it compare to marking up by a percentage of the cost?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way of getting the work shown on these?

Yes, when you will click on respective cell of excel sheet the working will be shown, take care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The cells each show the figures and how the totals are figured but I'm trying to find the work on how each cell obtained those amounts. Can you assist?

Yes will come back soon with explanation, take care.

I have added working against each figure to understand it easily, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the additional explanation. I'm seeking some additional explanation on 8-3 question 5 as well. I'm confused on the 2/10 EOM. Wouldn't the end date be 9/30?

Where does the date of October 10th come from?

The end of month in this case is 9/30 and 10 days will be counted after 9/30, regardless of when the goods have been purchased in September either on 9/16 or 9/26, both purchases discount will expire on October 10.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,