linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

1. Which of the following is considered a hybrid organizational

1. Which of the following is considered a hybrid organizational form?

sole proprietorship

partnership
limited liability partnership
corporation

2. Which of the following is a principal within the agency relationship?

a company engineer
a shareholder
the board of directors
the CEO of the firm

3.Which of the following presents a summary of the changes in a firm’s balance sheet from the beginning of an accounting period to the end of that accounting period?

The statement of cash flows.
The statement of retained earnings.
The statement of net worth.
The statement of working capital.

4.Teakap, Inc., has current assets of $ 1,456,312 and total assets of $4,812,369 for the year ending September 30, 2006. It also has current liabilities of $1,041,012, common equity of $1,500,000, and retained earnings of $1,468,347. How much long-term debt does the firm have?

$2,123,612

$2,303,010

$1,844,022

$803,010

5.Efficiency ratio: Gateway Corp. has an inventory turnover ratio of 5.6. What is the firm's days's sales in inventory?

65.2 days
64.3 days
61.7 days
57.9 days

6.Leverage ratio: Your firm has an equity multiplier of 2.47. What is its debt-to-equity ratio?

0
1.74
0.60
1.47

7.ich of the following is not a method of “benchmarking”?

Identify a group of firms that compete with the company being analyzed.
Evaluating a single firm’s performance over time.
Conduct an industry group analysis.
Utilize the DuPont system to analyze a firm’s performance.

8.Present value: Jack Robbins is saving for a new car. He needs to have $ 21,000 for the car in three years. How much will he have to invest today in an account paying 8 percent annually to achieve his target? (Round to nearest dollar.)

$26,454
$16,670
$19,444
$22,680

9.PV of multiple cash flows: Ferris, Inc., has borrowed from their bank at a rate of 8 percent and will repay the loan with interest over the next five years. Their scheduled payments, starting at the end of the year are as follows—$450,000, $560,000, $750,000, $875,000, and $1,000,000. What is the present value of these payments? (Round to the nearest dollar.)

$2,735,200
$2,431,224
$2,615,432
$2,815,885

10.PV of multiple cash flows: Ajax Corp. is expecting the following cash flows—$79,000, $112,000, $164,000, $84,000, and $242,000—over the next five years. If the company's opportunity cost is 15 percent, what is the present value of these cash flows? (Round to the nearest dollar.)

$414,322
$477,235
$480,906
$429,560

11.Future value of an annuity: Jayadev Athreya has started on his first job. He plans to start saving for retirement early. He will invest $5,000 at the end of each year for the next 45 years in a fund that will earn a return of 10 percent. How much will Jayadev have at the end of 45 years? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
$5,233,442
$1,745,600
$3,594,524
$2,667,904

12.Serox stock was selling for $20 two years ago. The stock sold for $25 one year ago, and it is currently selling for $28. Serox pays a $1.10 dividend per year. What was the rate of return for owning Serox in the most recent year? (Round to the nearest percent.)

32%
40%
12%
16%

13.Bond price: Regatta, Inc., has six-year bonds outstanding that pay a 8.25 percent coupon rate. Investors buying the bond today can expect to earn a yield to maturity of 6.875 percent. What should the company's bonds be priced at today? Assume annual coupon payments. (Round to the nearest dollar.)

$972
$1,014
$1,066
$923

14.PV of dividends: Next year Jenkins Traders will pay a dividend of $3.00. It expects to increase its dividend by $0.25 in each of the following three years. If their required rate of return is 14 percent, what is the present value of their dividends over the next four years?

$13.50
$9.72
$12.50
$11.63

15.Capital rationing. TuleTime Comics is considering a new show that will generate annual cash flows of $100,000 into the infinite future. If the initial outlay for such a production is $1,500,000 and the appropriate discount rate is 6 percent for the cash flows, then what is the profitability index for the project?

1.90
1.11
0.11
0.90

16.What decision criteria should managers use in selecting projects when there is not enough capital to invest in all available positive NPV projects?

The discounted payback.
The profitability index.
The internal rate of return.
The modified internal rate of return.

17.How firms estimate their cost of capital: The WACC for a firm is 13.00 percent. You know that the firm's cost of debt capital is 10 percent and the cost of equity capital is 20%. What proportion of the firm is financed with debt?

33%
70%
50%
30%

18.If a company's weighted average cost of capital is less than the required return on equity, then the firm:

Must have preferred stock in its capital structure
Is financed with more than 50% debt
Has debt in its capital structure
Is perceived to be safe
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for requesting me.

Please let me know your deadline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 hours

Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
I will post the solution to both assignment before your deadline.
Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.