linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

1. Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently,

1. Briarcrest Condiments is a spice-making firm. Recently, it developed a new process for producing spices. The process requires new machinery that would cost $1,675,348. have a life of five years, and would produce the cash flows shown in the following table.

Year Cash Flow
1 $610,331
2 -207,722
3 964,925
4 843,041
5 595,412

What is the NPV if the discount rate is 16.84 percent? (Enter negative amounts using negative sign e.g. -45.25. Round answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25.)
NPV is $_____________

2.Archer Daniels Midland Company is considering buying a new farm that it plans to operate for 10 years. The farm will require an initial investment of $11.90 million. This investment will consist of $2.40 million for land and $9.50 million for trucks and other equipment. The land, all trucks, and all other equipment is expected to be sold at the end of 10 years at a price of $5.04 million, $2.47 million above book value. The farm is expected to produce revenue of $2.01 million each year, and annual cash flow from operations equals $1.83 million. The marginal tax rate is 35 percent, and the appropriate discount rate is 9 percent. Calculate the NPV of this investment. (Round intermediate calculations and final answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25.)

NPV$ ___________

The project should be accepted or rejected

3. Bell Mountain Vineyards is considering updating its current manual accounting system with a high-end electronic system. While the new accounting system would save the company money, the cost of the system continues to decline. The Bell Mountain’s opportunity cost of capital is 17.9 percent, and the costs and values of investments made at different times in the future are as follows:

Year Cost Value of Future Savings
(at time of purchase)
0 $5,000 $7,000
1 4,500 7,000
2 4,000 7,000
3 3,500 7,000
4 3,000 7,000
5 2,500 7,000
Calculate the NPV of each choice. (Round answers to the nearest whole dollar, e.g. 5,275.)
The NPV of each choice is:

NPV0 = $_________

NPV1 = $________

NPV2 = $_________

NPV3 = $_________

NPV4 = $_________

NPV5 = $_________

Suggest when should Bell Mountain buy the new accounting system?
Bell Mountain should purchase the system in .
year 1 or year 2 or year 3 or year 4

4.Chip’s Home Brew Whiskey management forecasts that if the firm sells each bottle of Snake-Bite for $20, then the demand for the product will be 15,000 bottles per year, whereas sales will be 84 percent as high if the price is raised 14 percent. Chip’s variable cost per bottle is $10, and the total fixed cash cost for the year is $100,000. Depreciation and amortization charges are $20,000, and the firm has a 30 percent marginal tax rate. Management anticipates an increased working capital need of $3,000 for the year. What will be the effect of the price increase on the firm’s FCF for the year? (Round answers to nearest whole dollar, e.g. 5,275.)

At $20 per bottle the Chip’s FCF is $__________ and at the new price Chip’s FCF is $____________.

5.Capital Co. has a capital structure, based on current market values, that consists of 20 percent debt, 1 percent preferred stock, and 79 percent common stock. If the returns required by investors are 10 percent, 11 percent, and 16 percent for the debt, preferred stock, and common stock, respectively, what is Capital’s after-tax WACC? Assume that the firm’s marginal tax rate is 40 percent. (Round intermediate calculations to 4 decimal places, e.g. 1.2514 and final answer to 2 decimal places, e.g. 15.25%.)

After tax WACC =_____________%
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

Please let me know your deadline.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

3 hours

Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Working on it.
Expert:  linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Here is your solution

• 1) NPV -20545.27 ( Please note the negative Sign)
  • 2)(NNN) NNN-NNNN92
  • 3)

NPV0

2,000.00

NPV1

2,120.44

NPV2

2,158.21

NPV3

2,135.63

NPV4

2,070.16

NPV5

1,975.35

Bell Mountain should purchase the system in Year 2

4)

At $20 per bottle the Chip's FCF is $38000 and at the new price Chip's FCF is $45896.

5) 13.95%

linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.