Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

The CEO has decided to plan for a salary action affecting a

The CEO has decided to plan for a salary action affecting a number of individuals in the organization. He has decided to give a $2,000 cost-of-living pay increase to all hourly employees and a $4,000 increase to all software analysts with salaries less than $55,000. However, he wants to do this in 2 years. He wants you to give him two options (you do not have to recommend an option).

Option 1: How much would he have to invest today in a single lump sum at a 6% annual interest rate compounded quarterly to have sufficient funds to execute his plan?

Option 2: How much would he have to invest in equal monthly payments at a 3% annual interest rate compounded monthly to have sufficient funds to execute his plan?

Part 1: Select the following link to download the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for this assignment: Individual Project Data.

Because the CEO wants to increase salaries for all hourly employees and software analysts, there needs to be a count of the employees in each category.
1.Create an additional worksheet named “DB Calculations.”
2.Set up a criteria range in the first few rows and columns to identify all hourly employees. Use this criteria in the Advanced Filter feature to extract all hourly employees.
3.Set up a second criteria range in the columns next to the first to identify the software analysts with salaries less than $55,000. Use this criteria in the Advanced Filter feature to extract all hourly employees.
4.In any cell beneath each criteria range, use the DCOUNT function to calculate the number of hourly employees using the first criteria range, and then again to calculate the number of software analysts with salaries less than $55,000.
5.Multiply the count of hourly employees by 2,000, and the count of software analysts with salaries less than $55,000 by 4,000. The sum of these two numbers will be the total funding needed to execute the CEO’s plan.

Part 2: Use the funding you calculated in Part 1 and the appropriate compound interest formulas you learned in business algebra to calculate the investment amounts for options 1 and 2. Show your calculations in any empty area on the worksheet created in Part 1.

Hints:

Excel Functions:

PV – Returns the present value of a future amount

PMT – Calculates the payment necessary to accumulate a future amount

Compound Interest Formulas:

A = P(1 + i)n

FV = PMT × (1 + i)n – 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Part 3: Add at least 1 paragraph to the memo from Week 4 showing the comparison between the two investment options
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Josie. I still need help with my question.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Feel free to request me anytime. Just put "For TeacherGreg" at the front of your post or, even better, bookmark my weblink at www.GregPearl.com and use the question box on my page - still put the "For TeacherGreg" in the front of the post so it is directly sent to me.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration