Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  BA degree and Certified Public Accountant
23848519

Question 1 of 20 The statistic for the F distribution: A.

Question 1 of 20
The statistic for the F distribution:
A. is always positive.
B. is always between 0 and 1.
C. is determined by the degrees of freedom in the denominator and the degrees of freedom in the numerator.
D. Both A and C

Question 2 of 20
The mean rate of return on portfolio A (12 stocks) was calculated to be 11% with a standard deviation of 3.4%. The mean rate of return on portfolio B (10 stocks) was determined to be 12.8% with a standard deviation of 4%. At the .05 significance level:
A. F = 3.02; we can conclude that there is more variation in portfolio B's performance.
B. F = 1.38; we cannot conclude that there is more variation in portfolio B's performance.
C. F = 3.02; we cannot conclude that there is more variation in portfolio B's performance.
D. F = 0.62; we cannot conclude that there is more variation in portfolio B's performance.

Question 3 of 20
To conduct an experiment comparing more than two treatments:
A. we should use separate t tests because there is a smaller likelihood of computational error.
B. we should use ANOVA to reduce the possibility of a type II error.
C. we should use ANOVA to reduce the possibility of a type I error.
D. None of the above

Question 4 of 20
Three different fertilizers were applied to a field in 7 controlled applications. In computing F, how many degrees of freedom should there be in the numerator?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 6
D. 12

Question 5 of 20
Answer questions 5-8 using the following information:

Test the hypothesis that the treatment means for samples given below are equal. Use the .01 significance level.

Treatment 1 Treatment 2 Treatment 3
22 34 13
20 31 10
21 25 14
18 25 11
19 32
30

What is the decision rule?
A. Reject the null hypothesis if F > 5.42
B. Reject the null hypothesis if F > 6.93
C. Accept the null hypothesis if F > 26.9
D. Reject the null hypothesis if F > 99.4

Question 6 of 20
Based on the information in the chart in #5, calculate the SS total.
A. -4,132.8
B. 755.83
C. 845.33
D. 4,132.8

Question 7 of 20
Based on the information in the chart in #5, calculate the MSE.
A. 7.46
B. 377.92
C. 422.66
D. 2,066.4

Question 8 of 20
Based on the information in the chart in #5, calculate the F statistic.
A. 1.00
B. 7.46
C. 50.67
D. 54.5

Question 9 of 20
In an experiment in which two of four similar units are each compressed at three different levels (light, medium, heavy) to determine resilience, what is the number of degrees of freedom (numerator, denominator)?
A. (2,3)
B. (2,6)
C. (1,4)
D. (1,3)

Question 10 of 20
Please use the following information to answer questions 10 and 11:

The following data apply to a two-factor ANOVA:
Source 1 2 3
A 12 14 8
B 9 11 9
C 7 8 8

Calculate the SST for the data.
A. 1.36
B. 10.89
C. 31.11
D. 42.22

Question 11 of 20
Based on the information in the chart in #10, calculate the SSB for the data.
A. 20.22
B. 31.11
C. 53.33
D. 63.11

Question 12 of 20
An F statistic is:
A. a ratio of two means.
B. a ratio of two variances.
C. the difference between three means.
D. a population parameter.

Question 13 of 20
An electronics company wants to compare the quality of their cell phones to the cell phones from three competitors. They sample 10 phones from each company and count the number of defects for each phone. If ANOVA is used to compare the average number of defects, the treatments would be defined as:
A. the number of cell phones sampled.
B. the average number of defects.
C. the total number of phones.
D. the four companies.

Question 14 of 20
Analysis of variance is used to:
A. compare nominal data.
B. compute t test.
C. compare population proportion.
D. simultaneously compare several population means.

Question 15 of 20
When comparing the mean salaries to test for differences between treatment means, the t statistic based on:
A. the treatment degrees of freedom.
B. the total degrees of freedom.
C. the error degrees of freedom.
D. the ratio of treatment and error degrees of freedom.

Question 16 of 20
When comparing the mean annual incomes for executives with undergraduate degrees and executives with Master's degrees or more, the following 95% confidence interval can be constructed as:
A. 2.0 ± 2.052*6.51.
B. 2.0 ± 3.182*6.51.
C. 2.0 ± 2.052*42.46.
D. None of the above

Question 17 of 20
Based on the comparison between the mean annual incomes for executives with undergraduate and master's degrees or more:
A. a confidence interval shows that the mean annual incomes are not significantly different.
B. the ANOVA results show that the mean annual incomes are significantly different.
C. a confidence interval shows that the mean annual incomes are significantly different.
D. the ANOVA results show that the mean annual incomes are not significantly different.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the questions.

Please click here fo download the answers.

Hope this helps!

If you would like to request me for future posts, please put 'For Bizhelp' at the beginning of them.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: BA degree and Certified Public Accountant