Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0
3708793

1. (TCO 1) Which of the following do not take deposits?

Commercial banks
Savings and loan associations
Credit unions
Finance companies

2. (TCO 1) The household sector is the largest surplus sector and invests in the capital market ______.
directly by purchasing stocks and bonds
indirectly through mutual funds
indirectly through pension funds
All of the above

3. (TCO 1) Money markets are associated with _______ ; capital markets are associated with ______.
liquidity; marketability
spot; future
liquidity; economic investment
primary; secondary

4. (TCO 1) Primary capital markets are most likely to finance ______.
plant and equipment
inventory
operating expenses
None of the above

5. (TCO 1) Which of the following is not a debt security?
Corporate bonds
U.S. Government securities
Federal agency securities
Common stock

6. (TCO 1) A dealer offers to buy shares of IBM at $116 and sell to investors at $118. The "bid" is ______.
$116
$118
$2
None of the above

7. (TCO 1) The ease with which a financial claim can be resold is its ______.
quality
risk
marketability
perpetuity

8. (TCO 2) The Fed's nonmonetary or regulatory powers do not include ______.
margin requirements
interest rate disclosures on deposits
investigation and prosecution of counterfeiting
bank holding companies

9. (TCO 2) An increase in Federal Reserve float
decreases bank reserve deposits in the Fed.
increases bank reserve deposits in the Fed.
has no impact upon bank reserves deposits in the Fed.
reduces the net loan granted by the Fed to member banks.

10. (TCO 2) If the Fed wanted to increase the money supply immediately but just slightly, it would most likely ______.
buy securities on the open market
lower the Discount Rate
lower reserve requirements
Any of the above would be suitable for this purpose.

11. (TCO 3) Generally, plant and equipment investment spending will decrease if ______.
interest rates rise while inflation remains unchanged
costs increase
reserve requirements rise
Any of the above

12. (TCO 3) Monetarists believe that an increase in the money supply, all else equal, will cause ______.
consumption expenditures to rise
investment spending to fall
national income to fall
government expenditures to rise

13. (TCO 3) The "tools" of monetary policy, whether "viable" or not, include all the following except ______.
changing the discount rate
open market operations
changes in reserve requirements
changes in the Federal Funds rate

14. (TCO 3) Monetarists and Keynesians agree that ______.
monetary policy influences the real sector
changes in the money supply drive changes in interest rates
changes in interest rates drive changes in the money supply
monetary policy does not influence the real sector

15. (TCO 2, 3) The Federal Reserve System established ______.
a system for federal chartering of banks
a system for controlling bank note issuance
a source of liquidity for the banking system
the beginning of demand deposit accounts

16. (TCO 4) Which of the following is most likely to affect long-term bond yields?
Announcement of the last year's inflation rate
Announcement of this month's inflation rate
A forecast of next month's inflation rate
A forecast of inflation for the next five years

17. (TCO 4) A decrease in interest rates may best be related to ______.
a recession and a decline in inflationary expectations
an acceleration in the growth rate of M1
decreased real investment opportunities
All of the above

18. (TCO 4) Which of the following best explains why public interest rate forecasts have a low rate of accuracy?
Forecasters are unable to identify variables
Markets are inefficient
The level of training of forecasters is lagging an ever more sophisticated economy
None of the above

19. (TCO 4) If current market rates on Treasury bonds are 6% and the real growth of the economy has and will be expected to grow at 3%, what is the expected rate of inflation according to the Fisher effect?
3%
9%
Higher than 6%
Close to zero

20. (TCO 4) With the real rate at 5%, most loans were made at 10% last year. This year, interest rates have declined to 8%. What was the expected inflation rate last year?
5%
2%
10%
8%
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Please click on the following link to download the solutions:

https://www.box.com/s/lvxdbu6sdxg945zx6bzw

Regards
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help. I posted new material and requested you if your not busy. The link is below:

http://www.justanswer.com/multiple-problems/7sndt-for-businesstutor-1-tco-8-grace-period-clause.html

Yes I got it :)

Thank you jehuty. How long do we have for the new one? I am asking cause I am working on an assignment that I have to finish within an hour.

Also, please advise the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have 35mins for my set of answers. The book description is below.

Fundamentals of Risk and Insurance

10th edition

Emmett J. Vaughan / Therese Vaughan

I am very very sorry jehuty, I will not be able to help within such a time as I have to finish what I am working on. I would recommend you remove my name from the new post so that other experts can help, but for future posts, please read the following:

If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats understandable. Thanks again you for your help though.

You are welcome :)

Really really sorry, I wanted to help, but!!

All the best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have another work up if your not busy and I have more than 30mins for this one :)

http://www.justanswer.com/multiple-problems/7snho-what-any-defects-using-human-life-value.html

This work doesnt have a time limit, whenever you are able and sorry for all the trouble :)

Fundamentals of Risk and Insurance

10th edition

Emmett J. Vaughan / Therese Vaughan

Just finished teh assignments I was working on. I will check :)