Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0
3708793

Financial Reporting Problem: PepsiCo, Inc. BYP18-1 Your

Financial Reporting Problem: PepsiCo, Inc.
BYP18-1
Your parents are considering investing in PepsiCo common stock. They ask you, as an accounting expert, to make an analysis of the company for them. Fortunately, excerpts from a current annual report of PepsiCo are presented in Appendix A of this textbook. Note that all dollar amounts are in millions.
Instructions
(Follow the approach in the chapter for rounding numbers.)
(a) Make a 5-year trend analysis, using 2005 as the base year, of (1) net sales and (2) net income. Comment on the significance of the trend results.
(b) Compute for 2009 and 2008 the (1) profit margin, (2) asset turnover, (3) return on assets, and (4) return on common stockholders' equity. How would you evaluate PepsiCo's profitability? Total assets at December 31, 2007, were $34,628 and total stockholders' equity at December 31, 2007, was $17,325.
(c) Compute for 2009 and 2008 the (1) debt to total assets and (2) times interest earned ratio. How would you evaluate PepsiCo's long-term solvency?
(d) What information outside the annual report may also be useful to your parents in making a decision about PepsiCo, Inc.?

Hello

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My deadline is Tuesday midnight. The book I am using is called: Weygandt, Accounting Principles, 10th edition

Thank you

I am working on the question, will post the solution as soon as I can. I just need to finish a pending assignment and will start on this immediately after I am done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you. I am highly stressed and need this as soon as possible...to allow time to review. Thank you!

Kerrie

Hi Kerri

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask; if all is clear, please rate the solution as experts do not get paid unless you rate the solution.

Good news :)

I have answered this question before. Please click on the following link to download the solutions:

https://www.box.com/s/ki7gcw6kmrt8dgm81nvj

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You stated you have seen this before. I hope it was not for the same professor. XXXXX XXXXX.

I do not ask the students about the name of their instructors Kerri :)

But to be on the safe side ALWAYS reword the essay parts of the solutions, NEVER present them as your own because someone else might purchase the same solution. As you can see there isn't much writing involved, but better reword as I have advised you on top of the document