Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

You are the general manager of a large construction project.

You are the general manager of a large construction project. The contract has both financial incentives for finishing on time or early as well as large penalties if the project is completed late. You know that to get it done on time or early, project planning using a formal time line is essential.

Address the following questions:

In terms of creating a timeline, what is meant by the critical path of a PERT chart?
As a project manager you know that the fastest possible time a project can be completed is known as the critical path. This implies that any delay in any step of a projects critical path, will therefore delay the overall project. On a particular project, step B is part of the critical path; step C and D both are not. Assume that all of these steps, B, C, and D are at risk of being delayed due to some issue (could be lack of people, lack of materials, equipment downtime—it makes no difference).
How would the manager go about prioritizing correction of the problem existing in B, C, or D?
Should the manager address the issue in step B first, step C first, or step D first; why?
Once repair is completed in step #2, how would go you about prioritizing repairs at the other two steps?
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Feel free to request me anytime. Just put "For TeacherGreg" at the front of your post or, even better, bookmark my weblink at www.GregPearl.com and use the question box on my page - still put the "For TeacherGreg" in the front of the post so it is directly sent to me.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a new posting on the board Greg. Can you take it or you want me to reposting? I will needs references as weel

Thanks