getsetgo
getsetgo, Master's Degree
Experience:  MBA from premium institute. 9+ years experience at executive level in Fortune-200 company.
15962517

2. By the mid-2000s, nanotech materials found their way into

2. By the mid-2000s, nanotech materials found their way into all of the following consumer products EXCEPT:

A. wrinkle-resistant clothing.
B. sunscreen.
C. tennis balls.
D. tennis rackets.

3. Telecommunications has:

A. diminished the human touch in our communications.
B. enhanced the human dimensions in our communications.
C. reduced international communications.
D. limited our communication efforts in outer space.

8. Technology superpowers spawned the system of:

A. platform-to-platform commerce.
B. e-commerce.
C. Internet e-mail exchange.
D. All of the above

9. Brazil provided an interesting test case for technological development over the question of:

A. regulating mobile business.
B. creating an Internet sales tax.
C. free or fee Internet access.
D. government-subsidized computer purchases.

11. The digital divide describes the gap between those:

A. individuals who have technology and those who do not.
B. businesses who use e-business and those who do not.
C. hospitals that use online information and those who do not.
D. individuals who have broadband technology and those who do not.

12. The digital divide was first found in the United States:
A. and is restricted to the U.S.
B. but experts fear it might spread to Canada.
C. but has spread globally.
D. but has been eradicated by educational programs.

13. Which of the following countries is one of the safest in the world in the category of violent crime, but has seen a significant increase in cyber-crime?
A. China
B. The United States
C. Japan
D. Great Britain

14. When a German utility firm was ordered by the German government to turn over all its employees' records so they could be searched for terrorists linked to the September 11, 2001 attacks in the U.S., the firm:

A. refused, although sympathetic to the U.S. investigation.
B. resisted, but lost its fight due to a World Court ruling.
C. complied with the request, adhering to the U.S. Patriot Act.
D. provided false documents to protect their employees' privacy.

17. The Child Online Protection Act, passed in 1998:

A. specifically applies to children under 13 years of age.
B. has settled the debate over protecting children from adult-oriented Web sites.
C. has been a model for many European countries' legislation.
D. was vetoed by President Bush as too difficult and too costly to enforce.

19. In 2003, the United Nations General Assembly considered three proposals aimed at human cloning. The proposal strongly pushed by the United States:

A. called for a ban of reproductive cloning.
B. called for the fate of therapeutic cloning to be determined by individual nations.
C. called for a ban of all types of cloning.
D. argued that the issue should be deferred for a couple of years.

20. The safety of genetically modified foods:

A. was challenged most noticeably in Europe but has spread to other countries.
B. has been well-documented since its beginning.
C. is now in the hands of governments, ensuring its safety for human consumption.
D. has never been questioned in the United States.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  getsetgo replied 1 year ago.
Please download your answer Here
getsetgo, Master's Degree
Experience: MBA from premium institute. 9+ years experience at executive level in Fortune-200 company.