FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

The maker of Purell hand sanitizer tested consumers'

Customer Question

1. The maker of Purell hand sanitizer tested consumers' reactions to its Purell Sanitizing Wipes by getting consumers to look through a newspaper with grocery store ads, make out a grocery list, and then "shop" in a mock store filled with real products, including the new product. This is an example of a(n): (Points : 3)
adoption-rate test
simulated (laboratory) market test
concept test
use test
juried consumer test

2. Razor scooters gained instant popularity because walkers and runners frequently saw people on the scooters zipping by them and having fun. This information suggests the adoption rate of the Razor scooter was most affected by which product characteristic? (Points : 3)
Complexity
Trialability
Relative advantage
Observability
Compatibility

3. In the _____ stage of new-product development, the technical feasibility of manufacturing the new product is examined as a prototype is produced. (Points : 3)
screening
development
market testing
concept testing
business analysis

4. A company has learned that members of its target market are likely to collect more information and evaluate more brands than early adopters. They are cautious and thoughtful and do not try the product without asking someone else. The customers' dominant characteristic is deliberateness. In terms of the diffusion process, these customers are most likely: (Points : 3)
innovators
early minority
laggards
early majority
late majority

5. Which of the following intermediaries sell mainly to consumers? (Points : 4)
Retailers
Merchant wholesalers
Agents
Brokers
Specialists

6. The efficient and cost-effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services, and related information into, through, and out of channel member companies is called: (Points : 4)
systematization
logistics
engineering
distribution
coordination

7. Agents and brokers: (Points : 4)
have a great deal of control and risk invested in the goods
only represent manufacturers in sales situations
have a great deal of input on the terms of the sale
generally are on salary with the manufacturer
do not take title to merchandise

8. A Target store is an example of a(n): (Points : 4)
merchant wholesaler
retailer
broker
agent
exporter

9. Which of the following describes a disadvantage associated with water transportation? (Points : 4)
Cannot be used for international trade
High cost
Capability
Lack of speed
Product weight restrictions

10. Which supply chain strategy focuses primarily on the ability of the firm to fulfill customer demand, even if this means somewhat higher costs? (Points : 4)
Lean supply chain management
Reactive supply chain management
Agile supply chain management
Proactive supply chain management
Leagile supply chain management

11. A manufacturer of automobile component parts that has turned over all transportation functions to an independent third party in its supply chain has engaged in: (Points : 4)
creating a dependent materials-handling system
outsourcing
removing entry barriers
task deployment
channel rotation

12. Three dimensions of supply chain networks are commonly considered by supply chain managers. They are the horizontal structure, the vertical structure, and the: (Points : 4)
integrated structure
matrix structure
functional position of the firm
horizontal position
hierarchical structure

13. _____ is any form of impersonal (one way) paid communication in which the sponsor or company is identified. (Points : 4)
Advertising
Publicity
Promotion
Public relations
Nonpaid communication

14. _____ is the careful coordination of all promotional activities to produce a consistent, unified message that is customer focused. (Points : 4)
Interpersonal and mass communications (IMC) approach
Promotional mixing
Integrated marketing communications
Creative selling
Relationship marketing

15. Point-of-purchase displays in grocery stores, coupons, premiums, and trial-size packages are most useful when the consumer is near the _____ stage of the AIDA model. (Points : 4)
liking
awareness
action
preference
knowledge

16. Which of the following is one of the basic tasks typically performed by promotion? (Points : 4)
Managing
Organizing
Rewarding
Persuading
Perceiving

17. _____ measures the number of different target consumers who are exposed to a commercial at least once during a specific period. (Points : 4)
Noise level
Frequency
Reach
Synchronization
Cost per contact

18. _____ is the cost of reaching one member of the target market. (Points : 4)
Cost per contact
Cost per thousand
Gross rating
GRP
Effective reach

19. A(n) _____ media schedule combines continuous scheduling throughout the year with a flighted schedule during the best sales periods. (Points : 4)
pulsing
bursting
unremitting
rhythmic
vibrating

20. The seven steps of the selling process closely follow the: (Points : 4)
AIDA concept
hierarchy of needs
traditional communications model
process of forecasting and satisfying industry demand
JIT process

21. Why are many marketers shortening the time in which a coupon can be redeemed? (Points : 4)
To track response rates
To increase introductory sales
To create a greater sense of urgency to redeem the coupon
To respond to claims that coupons adversely affect consumer behavior
To limit the use of on-pack coupons

22. Effective sales management begins with: (Points : 4)
determining sales goals
determining the most efficient structure for the sales force
determination the sales force size
determining a compensation plan
recruiting the sales force

23. Although many factors can influence price, the primary determinants are: (Points : 4)
costs of manufacturing and distribution
the demand for the good and the cost to the seller
demand by the consumer and perceived quality
distribution and promotion strategies
stage of the product life cycle and costs to the consumer

24. _____ is the quantity of a product that will be offered to the market at various prices for a specified period. (Points : 4)
Distribution
Supply
Price
Equilibrium
Elasticity

25. Price is best described as: (Points : 4)
that which is given up in exchange to acquire a good or service
money exchanged for a good or service
the psychological results of purchasing
the cost in dollars for a good or service as set by the producer
the value of a barter good in an exchange

Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

FiveStarLaw :

Thank you for your service to our country. I am working on your answers and shall post In approximately 30 min.

Customer :

Awesome. Thanks ma'am.

FiveStarLaw :

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

adoption-rate test
simulated (laboratory) market test

Observability

concept testing

laggards

Retailers

logistics

7. Agents and brokers: (Points : 4)
do not take title to merchandise

retailer

Product weight restrictions

Agile supply chain management

outsourcing

horizontal position

Advertising

Integrated marketing communications

action

Persuading

Reach

Cost per contact

pulsing

AIDA concept

determining sales goals

Supply

Thank you very much,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm so sorry. I thought i posted all the questions. Are you able to answer these as well or is the section is closed?

26. A key ingredient in the philosophy of marketing is __________, or the idea that people give up something in order to receive something that they would rather have. (points : 5)
Exchange
Synergy
Promotion
Execution

27. The marketing concept and market orientation recognize that: (points : 5)
Price is the most important variable for customers
Sales depend predominantly on an aggressive sales force
What the customer thinks he or she is buying is what is important
A company has to apply scientific management techniques to survive

28. Which of the following is one of the elements of the marketing plan? (points : 5)
A business mission statement
A target marketing strategy
The marketing mix
All of the choices

29. The steps of the consumer decision-making process in order are: (points : 5)
Need recognition, alternative aggregation, reevaluation, purchase decision, postpurchase behavior
Need positioning, stimulus response reactions, evaluation of alternatives, purchase decision, postpurchase behavior
Need positioning, alternative aggregation and divestment, purchase decision, postpurchase evaluation
Need recognition, information search, evaluation of alternatives, purchase, and postpurchase behavior

30. The types of products people purchase using only an internal search are typically: (points : 5)
Frequently purchased, low-cost items
Frequently purchased, high-cost items
Infrequently purchased, low-cost items
Infrequently purchased, high-cost items

31. The __________ proposes that a minority of a firm's customers purchase a majority of the volume of the product. (points : 5)
Majority fallacy
20/80 principle
80/20 principle
Optimizer principle

32. Magazines like martha stewart living, better homes & gardens, and other magazines targeted to people who are interested in improving their personal spaces rely on __________ segmentation. (points : 5)
Psychographic
Demographic
Usage rate
Geodemographic

33. A __________ is everything, both favorable and unfavorable, that a person receives in an exchange. It can be tangible, intangible, a service, an idea, or a combination of these things. (points : 5)
Brand equity
Product
Warranty
Product liability

34. Which of the following statements describes an advantage to retailers associated with developing their own brands? (points : 5)
Dealers must market the brand, thus cutting into the gross margin.
Higher gross margins are available on private brands.
Private brands, particularly those owned by discounters are perceived to be of a higher quality.
Dealers often buy in large quantities and thus always have a ready supply.

35. Retailers and merchant wholesalers are examples of intermediaries that: (points : 5)
Take title to a product
Create temporal and spatial discrepancies
Use consumer promotions
Are accurately described by all of these statements

36. __________ is distribution aimed at maximum market coverage. It is used for many convenience goods and supplies that need to be available in every outlet where the potential customer might want to buy them. (points : 5)
Selective distribution
Franchising
Intensive distribution
Horizontal integration

37. Robin is responsible for developing a plan for the optimal use of advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, and public relations. Robin is developing a: (points : 5)
Promotional strategy
Set of promotion goals
Marketing mix
Communication mix

38. The promotional mix consists of: (points : 5)
Advertising, publicity, direct marketing, and personal selling
Product, promotion, price, and place
Advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, and public relations
Advertising, telemarketing, public relations, and sales promotions

39. In advertising, the goal is to sell the product's __________, not its __________. (points : 5)
Benefits; attributes
Characteristics; appeals
Values; traits
Competitive edge; virtues

40. The appearance of a box of cheerios cereal in the children's move mathilda is an example of _________ for general mills, its manufacturer (points : 5)
Advertising
A sales promotion
Paid-for public relations
Product placement

41. Personal selling is more important than advertising if: (points : 5)
The products being sold are standardized
There are many customers for the product being sold
The product being sold has a low value
The products being sold are technically complex

42. Sales promotion: (points : 5)
Is a publicity tool
Is only directed to the ultimate consumer market
Is more difficult to measure than advertising
Offers a short-term incentive to buy

43. Price is best described as: (points : 5)
That which is given up in exchange to acquire a good or service.
Money exchanged for a good or service
The psychological results of purchasing
The cost in dollars for a good or service as set by the producer

44. Many consumers, especially when faced with an uncertain purchase decision, think that a high price: (points : 5)
Is a signal of quality
Is an indication that consumers are being ripped off
Always lead to major price discounts to wholesalers and retailers that distribute it
Is a sign of the company's overall market share

45. A shortage of blood for transfusions for injured animals has resulted in the introduction of a synthesized product called oxyglobin, which can be used effectively as a blood replacement. The manufacturer of the product has put a high price on the product in order to recoup its research and development costs. The manufacturer of oxyglobin is using a __________ policy. (points : 5)
Price-banding
Penetration pricing
Price-lining
Price skimming

The additional questions need to be posted on a separate page.

FiveStarLaw, Doctoral Degree
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. Thank you ma'am. Have a good day.