FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

I have 21 question on business and i have about 20 min Which

I have 21 question on business and i have about 20 min
Which of the following activities by an administrative agency requires public notice and participation?

A. Substantive rule making and statements of policy only.
B. Substantive rule making and interpretive rule making only.
C. Substantive rule making, interpretive rule making, and statements of policy.
D. Statements of policy only.
E. Substantive rule making only.

89) Overtime pay is required to be paid to nonexempt employees who work:

A. Over 12 hours per day.
B. Over 10 hours per day.
C. Over 50 hours per week.
D. Over 40 hours per week.
E. Over 8 hours per day.

90) The tort of intentional interference with contractual relations requires the following except:

A. Third-party inducement to breach the contract.
B. Third-party knowledge of this contract.
C. A new contract involving the third party who induced the breach.
D. A valid, enforceable contract between the contracting parties.

92) Which of the following is true about the power of administrative agencies to grant licenses?

A. Administrative agencies have implied powers to grant licenses for the area in which they regulate.
B. Administrative agency decisions are subject to very active and rigorous judicial review.
C. Courts generally defer to the expertise of an agency in licensing matters.
D. Administrative agency procedures granting licenses do not allow for public comment by anyone other than the party applying for the license.
E. Administrative agencies are seldom granted the power to grant licenses.
79) __________ is a marketing management aid which refers to how customers think about proposed and/or present brands in a market.

A. Market scanning
B. Brand familiarity
C. Customer relationship management (CRM)
D. Positioning
E. Market segmentation

80) Comparing GDP for foreign countries can help a marketing manager evaluate potential markets if the manager remembers that:

A. GDP estimates may not be very accurate for very different cultures and economies.
B. income tends to be evenly distributed among consumers in most countries.
C. Other countries most likely don’t use the US Dollar as their primary currency.
D. GDP measures show the degree of competition in a market.
E. GDP measures show people's tendency to buy particular products.

82) In an effort to increase its total sales, Champion has started exporting its spark plugs for use by several German auto producers. Champion is pursuing a _____ opportunity.

A. product development
B. market penetration
C. market development
D. mass marketing
E. diversification

83) The clustering techniques that can be used in segmenting:

A. try to find similar patterns within sets of data.
B. group people together into heterogeneous product-market segments.
C. looks for differences between groups of people.
D. group people together based on age.
E. eliminate the need for management intuition and judgment.

53) When customers access a Web site and make purchases, they generate __________.

A. Clickstream data
B. Web data
C. Hyperlink data
D. Tracking cookies
E. Information
55) Various organizations that promote fair and responsible use of information systems often develop __________.

A. a mission statement
B. responsibility charters
C. a goals outline
D. a code of ethics
E. a strategic plan

56) Which of the following is not a source for external data?

A. sensors
B. satellites
C. government reports
D. commercial databases
E. corporate databases

48) Queuing models use an A/B/C notation. What do these variables represent?

A. average time between arrivals/average service time/number of parallel servers
B. maximum time between arrivals/maximum allowable service time/maximum number of parallel servers
C. minimum time between arrivals/minimum allowable service time/minimum number of parallel servers
D. distribution of time between arrivals/distribution of service times/number of parallel servers
50) Assume that the arrival of airplanes at a one-runway airport is a Poisson distribution with a mean rate of = 8 planes per hour. The landing time is an exponential distribution with a mean of 5 minutes per plane. What is the mean number of planes in the system?

A. 1.33
B. 2
C. 1.67
D. 1
52) Theoretically, service capacity must exceed demand, lest queues become infinitely long. If capacity does not exceed demand, what is likely to happen?

A. Servers will decrease time spent per customer, thereby increasing capacity.
B. All of these
C. Servers will eliminate time-consuming portions of their jobs, thereby increasing capacity.
D. Customers will renege or balk, thereby reducing demand.
32) A series of quality standards developed by a committee working under the International Organization for Standardization to improve total quality in all businesses for
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
Due to the time constraints, I will post the answers as I proceed.

E. Substantive rule making only.

D. Over 40 hours per week.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you that would be fine i can rate at the end

D. Positioning

B. market penetration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looks good

A. Clickstream data

B. responsibility charters

E. corporate databases

B. 2

B. All of these

??????
Number 32 was cut off. If there is time, you may resend the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

32) A series of quality standards developed by a committee working under the International Organization for Standardization to improve total quality in all businesses for the benefit of both producers and consumers is:

A. Just-in-time control (JIT)

B. Total quality management

C. Computer-integrated manufacturing (CIM)

D. ISO 9000

E. Customer-based integration

23) The model of aggregate demand and aggregate supply explains the relationship between __________.

A. unemployment and output

B. the price and quantity of a particular good

C. wages and employment

D. real GDP and the price level

26) Over the past two decades, the United States has __________.

A. had trade deficits in about as many years as it has trade surpluses.

B. generally had, or been very near to a trade balance.

C. persistently had a trade deficit.

D. persistently had a trade surplus.

16) Game theory is important for the understanding of __________.

A. monopolies

B. all market structures

C. competitive markets

D. oligopolies

19) In order to be successful, a cartel must __________.

A. agree on the total level of production for the cartel, but they need not agree on the amount produced by each member

B. find a way to encourage members to produce more than they would otherwise produce

C. agree on the total level of production and on the amount produced by each member

D. agree on the prices charged by each member, but they need not agree on amounts produced

20) Resources are __________.

A. plentiful for households but scarce for economies

B. scarce for households but plentiful for economies

C. scarce for households and scarce for economies

D. plentiful for households and plentiful for economies

21) A production possibilities frontier will be a straight line if __________.

A. increasing the production of one good by x units entails a constant opportunity cost in terms of the other good

B. increasing the production of one good by x units entails no opportunity cost in terms of the other good

C. the economy is producing efficiently

D. the economy is engaged in trade with at least one other economy

D. ISO 9000

D. real GDP and the price level

C. persistently had a trade deficit.

D. persistently had a trade surplus.

A. monopolies

B. all market structures

C. competitive markets

D. oligopolies

20) Resources are __________.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

19,16, 26 ?

D. oligopolies

C. persistently had a trade deficit.

FiveStarLaw, Doctoral Degree
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher

Thank you very much for the "excellent service" rating

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"

How did you do on your assignment?

Is there anything else I can assist you with?