I need help with the exams from Penn Foster 418005rr,03818100,038104rr038
1. If you’re quoting what a person said in a letter that you’re typing, what type of punctuation should you include?A. No punctuationB. Single quotesC. Double quotesD. Italics
2. Which sentence uses a comma correctly? A. He would like to order the steak, and fries. B. Jim grabbed a bottle of ketchup, to go with his fries. C. Thank you for returning my call, Mary. D. She wanted to be an astronaut, after finishing school.
3. What is a hanging indent? A. Hanging indent is another word for centered at the top of the page. B. The first line of every paragraph is indented by 0.5 inch. C. The first line is at the left margin and subsequent lines are indented by 0.5 inch. D. The entire paragraph is indented 0.5 inch on each side.
4. Your boss asks you to type a memo reminding employees of the new time-management system. How should you format the headings, such as “memo to”? A. All caps, bold B. Initial caps, underlined C. Lowercase, underlined D. Initial caps, bold
5. Which of the following is proper positioning when you’re setting up to type on the keyboard? A. Lean forward slightly B. Lean backward slightly C. Lean on a hardback chair D. Prop your feet up on something
6. If you’re formatting a multipage business report, how should you number the first page of the report? A. You should center the number on the lower part of the page. B. You should number the page in the upper-left corner. C. You should not number the first page. D. You should number the page in the upper-right corner.
7. When writing business e-mails, how many lines per paragraph are optimal? A. 1-2 B. 4-5 C. 10-15 D. 7-9
8. Which of the following statements is a sentence fragment? A. It’s there. B. I need a job. C. Here is. D. You went home.
9. A proofreader’s marks of three lines added underneath a letter indicates that you should: A. Delete a space after the letter. B. Capitalize the letter. C. Insert a space after the letter. D. Lowercase the letter.
10. Which of the following is the best way to type a capital A in a sentence? A. Press and hold down the Shift key with the left pinky finger and use your left ring finger to type A. B. Press and hold down the Shift key with the right pinky finger and type A. C. Press and hold the Ctrl key with the right pinky finger and type A. D. Press the Caps Lock key and type A.
11. Your manager prefers that letters are typed in modified-block style. In this format, the date, complimentary closing, and writer’s identification line are aligned: A. At the center point for the line. B. Right. C. Left. D. One tab setting from the left.
12. Postal scanners are most efficient at reading addresses when they’re typed in what format? A. All caps, no punctuation. B. Initial caps, punctuation. C. All lowercase, no punctuation. D. It makes no difference how the address is formatted.
13. When you’re typing the number zero (0), which finger from the right hand should you use? A. Your ring finger. B. Your middle finger. C. Your index finger. D. Your pinky finger.
14. When you’re setting up to type on the keyboard, you should position your fingers over the: A. Shift keys. B. Home keys. C. Space bar. D. Numbers.
15. You want to include a title page for a report you’re sending out. How should you format the title on this page? A. Initial caps, quotes surrounding title, 12 pt font. B. All caps, bold, 14 pt font. C. Initial caps, italicized, 12 pt font. D. All caps, underlined, 14 pt font.
16. Although label choices vary for different printers, your textbook recommends ______ for laser and ink jet printers. A. Avery standard, 5160, Label B. Avery standard, 6150, Label C. Avery standard, 5160, Address D. Avery standard, 6150, Address
17. In an academic report, what spacing should you use between lines? A. 2.0 B. 1.5 C. 0.5 D. 1.0
18. When typing personal titles in correspondence, you should always include the person’s name if you know it. If you don’t know the person’s name, which of the following should you use? A. Sir or Ma’am B. Ladies and Gentlemen C. Mr. or Mrs. D. To whom it may concern
19. You’re putting together a memo and have additional material to staple to it. What should you type below the reference initials? A. More B. Attachment C. Enclosure D. Extra
20. In a business report, what spacing should you use between lines? A. 2.0 B. 1.0 C. 1.5 D. 0.5
New Test –1. The practice of looking through discard materials in hopes of finding valuable information in termed: A. Dumpster diving B. Wastebin wandering C. Landfill leaping D. Trash tampering
2.The phenomenon of improved productivity resulting from the act of studying a process rather than from making changes in the process is referred to as: A. The Hawthorne Effect B. Parkinson’s Law C. Moore’s Corollary D. The Peter Principle
3.The ability to juggle multiple projects and intersperse work on multiple tasks is called: A. Multitasking B. Teamwork C. Self-motivation D. Detail-orientation
4. Children’s Websites may combine educational and entertaining information and activities with interactive advertising and direct selling. Because children may have difficulty differentiating between advertising and programming content, this situation is a/an: A. Reason to bar children from the Internet entirely B. Educationally defensible position C. Potentially negative impact of the Internet on children D. Exciting opportunity to change society
5. HIPPA protects which of the following kinds of data? A. Medical information B. Marital status and child support obligations C. Arrest and conviction records D. Credit scores
6. Banking, insurance, telecommunications, and education are examples of the type of knowledge industry that: A. Creates and conveys information B. Has knowledge as its product C. Manages and conveys information D. Has information as its goal
7. In contrast to Bar Codes, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags can provide retailers which of the following additional information for a product: A. Product Category B. Lot number C. Serial Number D. Manufacture
8. The responsibilities of the IT department and the needs of the user departments may cause conflicts over: A. The naming conventions applied to programs B. Scheduling of vacation and time off C. The amount and type of security placed on an application D. The color of the user log-in screen
9. A skill-based compensation system awards which of the following: A. Level of post-graduate education received B. Participation in community-based activities C. Membership of elite professional organization D. Proficiency in job related tasks
10. Physical items like buildings and machinery are considered ______ capital. A. Tangible B. Physical C. Transient D. Intangible
11. In creating a professional action plan, it’s important to: A. Consider where you want to end up B. Evaluate the rewards C. Think of fellow workers D. Make a list
12. Internet access is now available in what percentage of schools? A. 3% B. 81% C. 94% D. 100%
13. Moore’s Law states that the: A. Processing power of microchips doubles every 18 months B. Processing power of microchips doubles every 12 months C. Speed of microchips doubles every 12 months D. Size of microchips doubles every 18 months
14. Software, biotechnology, and information technology hardware industries are examples of the type of knowledge industry that: A. Has knowledge as its product B. Has information as its goal C. Creates and conveys information D. Manages and conveys information
15. The primary reason for a company to outsource jobs is to: A. Lower costs B. Meet diplomatic requirements C. Gain higher quality products D. Improve foreign relations
16. A technology professional keeping up-to-date on current developments may find it valuable to: A. Attend trade shows. B. Watch television talk shows. C. Read the lifestyles section of newspapers. D. Visit museums.
17. One skill that’s generally expected of technology workers is: A. Keyboarding. B. Programming. C. Internet surfing. D. Troubleshooting.
18. A measure of technological evolution is the Web year, which is: A. A little over seven weeks. B. Exactly four months. C. A little less than three weeks. D. Exactly 1.7 months.
19. Which of the following job classifications will not experience growth in the next decade? A. Assemblers in auto factories. B. Hotel and Restaurant personnel. C. Customer service representatives D. Surgical technicians in hospitals
20. Honesty and integrity, empathy and acceptance, and faith and confidence are examples of: A. The traits of greatness. B. Job qualifications. C. The characteristics of excellence. D. The general requirements of a technical position.
New Test -
1. Evaluating an online article’s publisher will aid in evaluating the article itself. Which of the following publishers would add to the validity of an article on heart disease? A. Cosmopolitan B. American Journal of Cardiology C. American Journal of Geology D. Reader’s Digest
2. Which of the following meta-search engines was an attempt at natural language inquires? A. Internet Sleuth B. Ask C. Dogpile D. MetaCrawler
3. Which of the following helps to moderate e-mail behavior? A. Governments B. Professional organizations C. Netiquette D. Cyber police
4. Explorer calls these items Favorites. Other browsers refer to these items as Bookmarks. What are these items? A. Websites that a user visits frequently. B. User instructions that you shouldn’t throw away. C. E-mail letters you want to save. D. Internet service provider customers who use the Internet frequently.
5. Which of the following browsers is typically built into Windows? A. Internet Explorer B. Chrome C. Bing D. Safari
6. All of the following search engines are meta-search engines with the exception of: A. WebCrawler B. Dogpile C. Ask D. HotBot
7. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari are examples of: A. Plug-ins B. Applets C. Browsers D. Malware
8. If you lose interest in a mailing list, you’ll need to remove your address from the mailing lists database, or: A. Sign out B. De-friend C. Unsubscribe D. Delete
9. Which of the following indicates a Websites country of origin is Canada? A. UK B. US C. CA D. KA
10. If Netiquette recommends not typing in all capitals (shouting), which of the following emoticons would as the same breech of Netiquette? A. :-0 B. :X C. :) D. :(
11. A browser allows you to set preferences for using the browser. These preferences include all of the following except: A. Creating cookies B. Storing a message C. Setting alerts D. Setting security levels
12. The software program you need to have to read PDF file, such as the PDF files you download from you My Courses page, is: A. Flash B. Shock Wave C. Adobe Reader D. Applet
13. Real Player, Flash Player, and Shockwave are examples of: A. Domains B. Protocols C. Plug-ins D. ISPs
14. Which of the following is not a meta-search engine? A. DogPile B. Internet Sleuth C. Ask D. Yahoo!
15. A space on a server where users can interact with one another as if a physical room is called: A. Newsgroup B. Blog C. Mailing list D. Chat room
16. Which of the following best describes what a plug-in does? A. Makes it safer to attach your modem to an electrical connection. B. Inserts information in online forms. C. Expands a browser’s capabilities. D. Fills gaps in the phone line so data isn’t lost.
17. A unique feature of which browser is an opening screen that features a different image each day with embedded links? A. Safari B. Internet Explorer C. Bing D. Chrome
18. An online scam in which an e-mail is sent to you by someone masquerading as a representative of your bank asking for financial information is an example of: A. Phishing B. Social networking C. Applets D. Malware
19. What does the program 7-Zip do for files on your computer? A. It condenses and expands files so they move easily over the Internet. B. It closes Windows when you’re working in other programs. C. It helps you move quickly through a variety of Internet tasks. D. It provides security for your computer when you’re not using it.
20. Seeing an error message on the screen after you click on a link or icon may indicate that your PC doesn’t have the correct _________ to view the information you’re looking for. A. Dictionary B. Accessory C. Plug-in D. ISP
Ok, here are the answers to all three tests. I researched each to try and find the best answer.
Test 1 -
1. C. Double Quotes.2. C. Thank you for returning my call, Mary. 3. C. The first line is at the left margin and subsequent lines are indented by 0.5 inch.4. D. Inital caps, bold. 5. A. Lean forward slightly.6. C. You should not number the first page. 7. B. 4-5 8. C. Here is. 9. B. Capitalize the letter. 10. A. Press and hold down the Shift key with the right pinky finger and use your left ring finger to type A.11. A. At the center point for the line.12. A. All caps, no punctuation.13. A. Your ring finger. 14. B. Home keys.15. D. All caps, underlined, 14 pt font.16. A. Avery, standard, 5160, Label.17. A. 2.018. D. To whom it may concern.19. B. Attachment20. B. 1.0
Test 2 -
1. A. Dumpster diving.2. A. The Hawthorne Effect.3. A. Multitasking. 4. C. Potentially negative impact of the Internet on children.5. A. Medical information.6. C. Manages and conveys information.7. C. Serial number. 8. C. The amount and type of security placed on an application.9. D. Proficiency in job related tasks.10. B. Physical.11. A. Consider where you want to end up. 12. C. 94%13. A. Processing power of microchips doubles every 18 months. 14. A. Has knowledge as its product.15. A. Lower costs.16. A. Attend trade shows.17. D. Keyboarding. 18.19. A. Assemblers in auto factories. 20. C. The characteristics of excellence.
Test 3 -
1. B. American Journal of Cardiology2. B. Ask3. C. Netiquette 4. A. Websites that a user visits frequently.5. A. Internet Explorer 6. C. Ask7. C. Browsers 8. C. Unsubscribe 9. C. CA 10. B. :X11. B. Storing a message12. C. Adobe Reader13. C. Plug-ins14. D. Yahoo!15. D. Chat Room16. C. Expands a browser's capabilities.17. C. Bing18. A. Phishing19. A. It condenses and expands files so they can move easily over the internet. 20. C. Plug-In
Please let me know if I can help in the future.