linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.

Multiple Choice, Question 41

The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) requires that all U.S. corporations under the juris-diction of the Securities and Exchange Commission

must file reports with the National Commission on Fraudulent Financial Reporting.

have at least one foreign subsidiary.

maintain an adequate system of internal control.

maintain accounting records of foreign branches and subsidiaries in the local foreign currency.

Holliday Company's inventory records show the following data:

Unit Cost

Inventory, January 1

Purchases:   June 18

November 8

A physical inventory on December 31 shows 2,000 units on hand. Holliday sells the units for $12 each. The company has an effective tax rate of 20%. Holliday uses the periodic inventory method. 
Under the FIFO method, the December 31 inventory is valued at

Multiple Choice, Question 94

A $100 petty cash fund has cash of $15 and receipts of $80. The journal entry to replenish the account would include a credit to

Cash for $85.

Cash for $80.

Petty Cash for $85.

Cash Over and Short for $5.

Multiple Choice, Question 99

Lee Industries had the following inventory transactions occur during 2010:

The company sold 51 units at $63 each and has a tax rate of 30%. Assuming that a periodic inventory system is used, what is the company's gross profit using FIFO? (rounded to whole dollars)

Multiple Choice, Question 57

Wright sells softball equipment. On November 14, they shipped $1,000 worth of softball uniforms to Paola Middle School, terms 2/10, n/30. On November 21, they received an order from Douglas High School for $600 worth of custom printed bats to be produced in December. On November 30, Paola Middle School returned $100 of defective merchandise. Wright has received no payments from either school as of month end. What amount will be recognized as net accounts receivable on the balance sheet as of November 30?

Multiple Choice, Question 54

Two individuals at a retail store work the same cash register. You evaluate this situation as

supporting the establishment of responsibility.

a violation of establishment of responsibility.

supporting internal independent verification.

a violation of segregation of duties.

Multiple Choice, Question 50

Kershaw Bookstore had 500 units on hand at January 1, costing $18 each. Purchases and sales during the month of January were as follows:

375 @ $28

250 @ $20

250 @ $22

250 @ $32

Kershaw does not maintain perpetual inventory records. According to a physical count, 375 units were on hand at January 31. 

The cost of the inventory at January 31, under the LIFO method is:

Multiple Choice, Question 105

A company has an average inventory on hand of $40,000 and the days in inventory is 73 days. What is the cost of goods sold?

Multiple Choice, Question 64

An aging of a company's accounts receivable indicates that $9,000 are estimated to be uncollectible. If Allowance for Doubtful Accounts has a $1,100 credit balance, the adjustment to record bad debts for the period will require a

debit to Bad Debts Expense for $7,900.

credit to Allowance for Doubtful Accounts for $9,000.

debit to Bad Debts Expense for $9,000.

debit to Allowance for Doubtful Accounts for $7,900.

Multiple Choice, Question 113

The accountant at Reber Company has determined that income before income taxes amounted to $6,750 using the FIFO costing assumption. If the income tax rate is 30% and the amount of income taxes paid would be $225 greater if the LIFO assumption were used, what would be the amount of income before taxes under the LIFO assumption?

Multiple Choice, Question 116

Tyler, Inc. had the following bank reconciliation at March 31. 2010:

Balance per bank statement, 3/31/10

Add: Deposit in transit

Less: Outstanding checks

Balance per books, 3/31/10

Data per bank for the month of April 2010 follow:

All reconciling items at March 31, 2010 cleared the bank in April. Outstanding checks at April 30, 2010 totaled $6,000. There were no deposits in transit at April 30, 2010. What is the cash balance per books at April 30, 2010?

Multiple Choice, Question 103

Which of the following is not an advantage of a subsidiary ledger?

Makes possible a division of labor.

Helps locate errors in individual accounts.

Puts greater detail in the general ledger.

Shows transactions affecting one customer or one creditor in a single account.

Multiple Choice, Question 78

The use of special journals to record transactions

eliminates the need for a general journal.

should only be used if the volume of transactions is small.

can save time in the posting process.

eliminates the need for a general ledger.

Multiple Choice, Question 108

On March 1, 2010, Joe Miles purchased a suit at Calvin's Fine Apparel Store. The suit cost $250 and Joe used his Calvin credit card. Calvin charges 2% per month interest if payment on credit charges is not made within 30 days. On April 30, 2010, Joe had not yet made his payment. What entry should Calvin make on April 30th?

Accounts Receivable 255 
        Interest Revenue  5
        Sales 250

Accounts Receivable5 
        Interest Revenue 5

Uncollectible Account 250 
        Accounts Receivable  250

Bad Debts Expense 245 
Interest Expense 5 
        Accounts Receivable  250

Multiple Choice, Question 59

A company just starting business made the following four inventory purchases in June:

June   1

150 units

June 10

200 units

June 15

200 units

June 28

150 units

A physical count of merchandise inventory on June 30 reveals that there are 200 units on hand. Using the average-cost method, the amount allocated to the ending inventory on June 30 is

Multiple Choice, Question 54

A sales journal is used to record

credit sales of merchandise, sales returns and allowances, and sales discounts.

only cash sales of merchandise.

sales of all assets on credit and for cash.

only credit sales of merchandise.

Multiple Choice, Question 59

Assume the following sales data for a company:

If 2009 is the base year, what is the percentage increase in sales from 2009 to 2010?

Multiple Choice, Question 147

Rodgers Company lends Lanier Company $30,000 on April 1, accepting a four-month, 9% interest note. Rodgers Company prepares financial statements on April 30. What adjusting entry should be made before the financial statements can be prepared?

Notes Receivable30,000 
        Cash 30,000

Interest Receivable900 
        Interest Revenue 900

Interest Receivable225 
        Interest Revenue 225

Interest Revenue 225

Multiple Choice, Question 75

Walker Clothing Store had a balance in the Accounts Receivable account of $390,000 at the beginning of the year and a balance of $410,000 at the end of the year. Net credit sales during the year amounted to $2,000,000. The average collection period of the receivables in terms of days was

146 days.

73 days.

365 days.

30 days.

Multiple Choice, Question 121

If a check correctly written and paid by the bank for $428 is incorrectly recorded on the company's books for $482, the appropriate treatment on the bank reconciliation would be to

deduct $428 from the book's balance.

deduct $54 from the bank's balance.

add $54 to the bank's balance.

add $54 to the book's balance.

Multiple Choice, Question 88

The current assets of Kile Company are $150,000. The current liabilities are $100,000. The current ratio expressed as a proportion is

.67 : 1

1.5 : 1

$150,000 ÷ $100,000.

Multiple Choice, Question 48

Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable are examples of

controlling accounts.

subsidiary ledger accounts.

nominal accounts.

both nominal accounts and controlling accounts.

Multiple Choice, Question 84

Hahn Company uses the percentage of sales method for recording bad debts expense. For the year, cash sales are $500,000 and credit sales are $2,000,000. Management estimates that 1% is the sales percentage to use. What adjusting entry will Hahn Company make to record the bad debts expense?

Bad Debts Expense20,000 
        Allowance for Doubtful Accounts 20,000

Bad Debts Expense20,000 
        Accounts Receivable 20,000

Bad Debts Expense25,000 
        Accounts Receivable 25,000

Bad Debts Expense25,000 
        Allowance for Doubtful Accounts 25,000

Multiple Choice, Question 106

A successful grocery store would probably have

a high inventory turnover.

zero profit margin.

a low inventory turnover.

low volume.

Multiple Choice, Question 84

Richmond's Wholesale uses a sales journal. An entry in this journal represents a

debit to Sales Discounts; credit to Cash.

debit to Cash; credit to Sales.

debit to Accounts Receivable; credit to Sales.

debit to Accounts Payable; credit to Sales Returns and Allowances.

Multiple Choice, Question 133

In the month of November, Coler Company Inc. wrote checks in the amount of $9,250. In December, checks in the amount of $12,658 were written. In November, $8,468 of these checks were presented to the bank for payment, and $10,883 were presented in December. What is the amount of outstanding checks at the end of November?

Multiple Choice, Question 165

On February 1, Platt Company received a $9,000, 10%, four-month note receivable. The cash to be received by Platt Company when the note becomes due is

Multiple Choice, Question 114

Gold Clothing Store had a balance in the Accounts Receivable account of $820,000 at the beginning of the year and a balance of $880,000 at the end of the year. Net credit sales during the year amounted to $7,650,000. The receivables turnover ratio was

8.7 times.

9.3 times.

9.0 times.

4.5 times.

Multiple Choice, Question 124

Widner Company understated its inventory by $10,000 at December 31, 2010. It did not correct the error in 2010 or 2011. As a result, Widner's owner's equity was:

understated at December 31, 2010, and overstated at December 31, 2011.

understated at December 31, 2010, and understated at December 31, 2011.

understated at December 31, 2010, and properly stated at December 31, 2011.

overstated at December 31, 2010, and overstated at December 31, 2011.

Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
I can help you with your questions. Please let me know your deadline.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Can you please upload these question is a document. You can either uplaod it on this site itself or uplaod it on site like or and share the link here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2012-12-22_023056_accounting_1.doc

here is part of them. ill create a file for the rest. let me know if the format works

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2012-12-22_024128_accounting_cont..doc

here is the second part

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok so i ran out of time on the first part so if you could just answer these last three problems ill be done. thank you

Attachment: 2012-12-22_031841_accounting_3.docx

Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
I will post the solution in 5-10 minutes.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.

Click here for solution

I went offline hence not able to reply you earlier questions. For future timed assignment let me know advance so that I can stay online till its complete.

linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you need any further explanation. I would be happy to help.