linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

RA - 201

Customer Question

Effective marketing starts with the recognition of:

organizational needs.

customer needs.

marketing strategies.

marketing needs.

The process by which information about the environment is generated, analyzed, and interpreted for use in marketing decision making is called:

the marketing concept.

marketing research.

recognition of customer needs.

product research.

__________ are factors that have been shown to affect consumer behavior.

Brand name, quality, newness, and complexity

Advertising, marketing, product, and price

Outlets, strategies, concept, and brand name

Quality, advertising, product positioning, and strategy

The process of dividing a market into groups of similar consumers and selecting the most appropriate group for the firm to serve is called __________.

marketing concept

marketing planning

market segmentation

marketing communication

What kind of new product strategy is being used when the manufacturer of Snapple lemonade adds a diet lemonade beverage to its product line?

Market development

Product development

Market saturation

Market penetration

From a marketing management perspective, __________ is an important strategic device for maintaining a competitive advantage in the market place.

marketing

public relations

retailing

advertising

__________ provide the ultimate consumer or organizational buyer with time, place, and possession utility.

Marketing plans

Strategic plans

Channels of distribution

Marketing concepts

__________ pricing is most often used to describe the pricing of services that are nonroutine and difficult to "cost" in advance of their completion.

Target

Rate-of-return

Bundle

Cost plus

__________ pricing consists of charging different prices during different times or days in order to stimulate demand during slow periods.

Upscale

Off-peak

Every-day-low

Sale

In determining whether to invest, marketers need to perform in-depth analyses of the country's stage of economic development, the buying power of its populace, and the:

political stability of the country.

strength of its currency.

tariff and trade restrictions.

market trends.

Management accounting reports can:

use a flexible format.

use financial and nonfinancial data.

be prepared for any time period.

include all of these.

Prime costs consist of:

direct materials and overhead.

direct labor and overhead.

direct labor and indirect labor.

direct materials and direct labor.

Which of the following products probably would be manufactured using a job order costing system?

Paper

Baseball cards

Computer monitors

Company business cards

The reason for combining direct labor and overhead costs together and calling them “conversion costs” is that:

they both are direct costs of production.

the equivalent unit amount for direct materials will be the same as that for direct labor and overhead costs.

both types of costs usually are incurred uniformly throughout the production process.

the costs for direct labor and overhead are not accounted for separately.

Which of the following activities would be part of the value chain of a manufacturer?

Inventory control

Product engineering

Cost accounting

Materials storage

A retail manager is preparing a budget for the coming year and is considering the various costs of the retail store. What is the best approach for the manager to take when budgeting for the cost of the store's merchandise?

The total costs will stay the same as last year, but the unit cost will change with each sale.

The total cost of merchandise for the year and the unit cost will remain constant with each sale.

The total cost of merchandise for the year will depend on the amount of sales, but the unit cost of each sale will stay fairly constant.

The total costs will stay the same as last year, and the unit cost will remain constant with each sale.

Standard costing would most often require which type of performance evaluation?

Flexible budgeting

Zero-based budgeting

Variable costing

Any of these choices

The term incremental cost refers to:

the difference in total costs between alternatives.

a cost that continues to be incurred even though there is no activity.

the operating income forgone by selecting one choice instead of another.

a cost that does not entail any dollar outlay but that is relevant to the decision-making process.

Capital investment analysis involves all of the following except:

preparing reports for management.

analyzing the sales mix.

selecting the best alternative.

dividing available capital investment funds.

A producing center is another term for a(n):

service center.

cost center.

revenue center.

activity center.

According to Pfeffer's research, successful companies employed all of these people-centered practices EXCEPT:

power to the people.

careful hiring.

job security.

emphasis on status.

Which of these represent the core of organizational culture?

Observable artifacts

Basic assumptions

Ethics

Espoused values

Something is __________ when it stands out from its context.

schematic

cognitive

salient

self-serving

In Mitchell's Job Performance Model of motivation, __________ is not a component of job context.

supervisory support and coaching

social norms

rewards and reinforcements

beliefs and values

Which of these is NOT a criterion for a group?

Two or more members

Freely interact with each other

Shared norms and goals

Is a whole organization

__________ refers to the idea that decision makers are constrained by a variety of factors.

Optimizing

Unaided analytic strategy

Bounded rationality

Conceptual decision style

Conceptual decision style is a(n):

two-way process.

ineffective tool for employee motivation.

organizational tool not interpersonal.

one-way process from sender to receiver.

A mental representation of the traits and behaviors possessed by leaders is called:

a leadership prototype.

an initiating structure.

a set of consideration factors.

situational model.

Which of the following would be considered a control mechanism dedicated to making sure the right people do the right things at the right time?

Coordination of effort

Common goal

Hierarchy of authority

Division of labor

__________ is the key to fostering organizational learning and the creation of a learning organization.

Strategic planning

Organization development

Prioritization

Leadership
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  Jane T(LLC) replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this question?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i need help but not with that question. Can you help?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I am a Moderator, not a Professional who answers questions. As you no longer need an answer for this question I will close this question for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.