linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

RA-JM

Customer Question

Pinkerton's Case from Harvard Business School 9-291-051
2. Valuation of acquisition?
a. what is the proper WACC for evaluating this acquisition?
-use peer-play approach: you may use Wackenhurt's WACC
b. develop and value of free cash flows from pinketons and also from the CPPmargin improvements. You may assume this is the base case. what would be the value of acquisition based on expected cash flows?
-estimate cash flows for the first few years?
-identify terminal year and calculate terminal value
-discount all estimated cash flows and terminal value back
c. how much would pinkertons worth based on pessimistic cash flows indicated in the case?
3. financing the acquisition for the expected scenario.
a. will there be a cash flow or other problems with the two financing strategies?
analyze how well total cash flow covers debt service requirements:
-estimate total cash flows available each year
-estimate debt service requirement each year
b. what is the real economic "cost" of the equity financing?
-estimate the value of CPP after acquisition
-estimate the equity value of CPP after acquisition
c. if Wathem proceeds with a $100Million bid for pinkerton's, which financing alternative should he choose?why?
4. how should Wathem respond to morgan stanley?
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need these multiple questions answered by Saturday morning Oct. 27, 2012. Can you have them answered by then? If not possible, I would like my money back to get help somewhere else.

Here is the article link that you have answered in the past, these case answers can be found here. I also saw on your website that justanswer.com has answered this question before.

<http://www.justanswer.com/homework/1ngv0-business-acquistion-problem-pinkerton-case-study-help.html>.

if this link does not work you can go to google, type pinkerton case solution, and it should be the first link that you click on will take you to the case and previous answer you have done.

Thanks

Thank you for your patience. The answer link on the question page from 2008 you provided, unfortunately, is no longer valid, so we will continue to search for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the answer is not valid anymore, however the case article you need to read to get the answer is on there. You cannot get me an answer without reading the article first.
Will you be able to get me an answer before Saturday morning? Yes or no?
If not, I would like a refund on my money $56.00
Thanx
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Professionals online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.

Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my money back
This is a rip off where can I get my refund , what is your billing department number in San Francisco?
This is a joke