FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

(C1) Which of the following is not true of the Fair Labor Standards

Customer Question

(C1) Which of the following is not true of the Fair Labor Standards Act?
Answer
The act applies to all employers with 15 or more employees working 20 or more weeks a year.
State laws may specify higher minimum wages than the FLSA.
The FLSA permits a subminimum training wage equal to 85 percent of the minimum wage.
Nonexempt employees are covered and include most hourly workers
2 points

Question 2

(C1) Increasing immigrant population is one of the functions of this stage in HR strategy process.
Answer
Identifying people issues
Scanning the external environment
Developing the HR strategy
Identifying strategic business issues
2 points

Question 3

(C1) Researchers in international management have identified a number of factors that can affect HRM in global markets. Which of these factors could determine the other three factors?
Answer
Culture
Education-human capital
The political-legal system
The economic system
2 points

Question 4

(C1) Which of the following statements is true regarding international labor management relations?
Answer
The United States has the highest unionization rates in the world.
In the U.S., the traditional union base in manufacturing companies has been in steady decline as apercentage of total employment over the past several decades.
The union wage premium in the United States is substantially smaller than in other advanced industrialized countries.
Collective bargaining agreements in the United States tend to be centralized and focus on industry wide or regional issues.
2 points

Question 5

(C2) The most appropriate view of today's career is that it is a:
Answer
boundaryless process.
pattern of vertical movement through an organization.
lifelong commitment to a field of specialization.
sequence of positions held within a company.
2 points

Question 6

(C2) Which of the following is not a benefit that a protégé receives from a mentoring relationship?
Answer
Coaching
Protection
Performance goals
Visibility
2 points

Question 7

(C2) Values such as success, performance, assertiveness, and competition are associated with:
Answer
short-term oriented cultures.
masculine cultures.
high power distance cultures.
low uncertainty avoidance.
2 points

Question 8

(C2) The acquisition of knowledge, skills, and behaviors that improve an employee's ability to meet changes in job requirements and in client and customer demands is called:
Answer
development.
training.
evaluating.
career planning.
2 points

Question 9

(C3) Implications of the equity theory for managing employee compensation include all but one of the following. Name the exception.
Answer
Employees evaluate their pay by comparing it with what others get paid.
Employees look at the intrinsic aspect of their work when making pay evaluations.
Employees work attitudes and behaviors are influenced by their pay comparisons.
Employee perceptions are what determine their pay evaluations.
2 points

Question 10

(C3) Skill-based pay systems generally are not appropriate for organizations that:
Answer
desire worker flexibility.
rely on market-based rates.
emphasize decentralization of decision making.
desire a climate of learning
2 points

Question 11

(C3) The pay system that is most frequently used in a union setting is a(n):
Answer
incentive system.
merit system.
bonus system.
seniority system
2 points

Question 12

(C3) Which of the following statements is true with regard to communicating the nature and value of benefits to employees?
Answer
Current employees and job applicants often have a clear idea of the benefits provisions already in place.
Employees often overestimate both the cost and market value of their medical benefits.
Use of traditional approaches (e.g., booklets) can have a large effect on e
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your questions.

I am working on your answers. One moment please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I.'m sending you more questions...

ok
You can open a new page. Start the question with "For FiveStarLaw"

Thank you so much for your questions

Please note that question 12 cut off and needs to be resent to me

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

1 The act applies to all employers with 15 or more employees working 20 or more weeks a year.
2 Scanning the external environment
3 Culture
4 In the U.S., the traditional union base in manufacturing companies has been in steady decline as a percentage of total employment over the past several decades.
5 boundaryless process.
6 Protection
7 masculine cultures.
8 development.
9 Employees look at the intrinsic aspect of their work when making pay evaluations.
10 rely on market-based rates.
11 seniority system
12 cut off

I have not received your other questions

If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you. You can start your new question with "for FiveStarLaw" and send it to the appropriate legal, tax or homework category so that the question is directed to me and I can give your question my immediate attention

Thank you very much,
FiveStarLaw

FiveStarLaw, Doctoral Degree
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Thank you very much!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i just send you a few more questions..

Thanks