linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

NA - 201

Customer Question

Scenario One

In the early part of the last decade, there was an overproduction of coffee. The price dropped so low that producers' costs were higher than the market price. The reason this happened was that market prices became high before this, and the supply of coffee increased substantially. In the meantime, demand for coffee and everything else remained the same. Price Level 1.

Coffee prices came down again, at first overshooting the former equilibrium price, throwing the coffee market into confusion. In the meantime, gourmet coffee houses began appearing, which began charging a premium for coffee in the period of falling prices. Price Level 2.

Gourmet coffee houses tend to open in high-rent areas and cater to higher income consumers. Because of the change they created for taste and preferences and the higher income market, the gourmet coffee houses had a win-win in a period of falling wholesale prices and increasing retail prices. Price Level 3.

But in the middle of the decade, the party was over, and wholesale prices started increasing because of some shortages caused by weather and the rising overall market prices again. Where is the new equilibrium price? Price Level 4.

Explain the changes in the supply and demand curves based on the above information. Draw a graph showing how the changes affect the price levels, supply and demand.

Scenario Two

You have been asked to discuss the differences between the microeconomic definitions of supply and demand and the macroeconomic differences of aggregate supply and demand. Discuss what determines supply and demand and aggregate supply and aggregate demand. Explain what causes movements along the curve and shifts in the curve for supply and demand and aggregate supply and aggregate demand (make sure that you include price as a variable). Include whether this is an example of the microeconomic definition of supply and demand or the macroeconomic definition of aggregate supply and demand. Most importantly, did this cause a shift in the curves or a movement along the curves? What happened to equilibrium price, supply, demand, aggregate supply or aggregate demand? Describe your graphs.

After Hurricane Katrina, what happened to the price of fish?
After the development of the microchip, what happened to the price of computers?
After the government raised tariffs on imported cheese, what happened to the price of domestic cheese?
Polyester suits have become trendy again. What happens to their price?
Internet auction sites are becoming more popular, and people are using them more and more.
An new health report came out that said red wine lowers cholesterol.
The government raises taxes.
Inflation increases.
Immigration laws are relaxed.
The government increases spending.

Scenario Three

The PPF curve shows the economic choices a country can make about production given scarce resources, a given technology, and a given quantity of inputs. Assume you are a developing country, producing food and clothing at maximum capacity. What could happen when foreign investors start investing in your country?

Discuss what type of foreign investments would be best for the economy’s PPF. What are the opportunity costs of these decisions?

Include what will happen to private and public choices as the economy grows. Support your discussion of these issues and consequences using at least 2 graphs.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cancel the search because I need it done by Sunday...