Ellen, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

Hello. I need help with the following quesiontions. These questions

Customer Question

Hello. I need help with the following quesiontions. These questions must be turned in this evening. thank you for your help.

In the following examples, determine whether the term independent variable or dependent variable is appropriate.

• Michael is interested in learning the effects of using celebrity endorsement on sales. What type of variable is a celebrity endorsement?

• In an experiment, this variable is expected to be affected by the manipulation.

• Criterion variable is synonymous with this term.

• Several of these variables are somewhat correlated and are therefore are not independent among themselves.

• A predictor variable is synonymous with this term.

Fill in the blanks with the term independent variable, dependent variable, or moderating variable.

• Incentives ___ are expected to increase productivity ___ especially among newer employees ___.

• The ___ should not precede the ___ in a research study.

• In an experiment, participants experience a manipulation of the ___, called the experimental treatment.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Ellen replied 4 years ago.
Welcome,

Thank you so much for your question

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

Independent

Dependent

Dependent

Independent variable

Independent variable

• Incentives _independent variable_ are expected to increase productivity _dependent
variable_ especially among newer employees _moderating variable_..

• The _dependent variable_ should not precede the _independent variable_ in a research study.

In an experiment, participants experience a manipulation of the _independent variable_,called the experimental treatment

If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you. You can start your new question with "for FiveStarLaw" and send it to the appropriate legal, tax or homework category so that the question is directed to me and I can give your question my immediate attention

Thank you very much,
FiveStarLaw