linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

1. Transaction drivers usually take more effort to record

1.
Transaction drivers usually take more effort to record than duration drivers.
A) True
B) False
2.
Costs classified as batch-level costs should depend on the number of batches processed rather than on the number of units produced, the number of units sold, or other measures of volume.
A) True
B) False
3.
Ollivier Corporation has an activity-based costing system with three activity cost pools-Processing, Supervising, and Other. In the first stage allocations, costs in the two overhead accounts, equipment expense and indirect labor, are allocated to the three activity cost pools based on resource consumption. Data used in the first stage allocations follow:

Picture

Picture

Processing costs are assigned to products using machine-hours (MHs) and Supervising costs are assigned to products using the number of batches. The costs in the Other activity cost pool are not assigned to products. Activity data for the company's two products follow:

Picture

How much overhead cost is allocated to the Supervising activity cost pool under activity-based costing?
A) $13,200
B) $14,700
C) $8,100
D) $1,500
4.
Brisky Corporation uses activity-based costing to compute product margins. In the first stage, the activity-based costing system allocates two overhead accounts-equipment depreciation and supervisory expense-to three activity cost pools-Machining, Order Filling, and Other-based on resource consumption. Data to perform these allocations appear below:

Picture

Picture

In the second stage, Machining costs are assigned to products using machine-hours (MHs) and Order Filling costs are assigned to products using the number of orders. The costs in the Other activity cost pool are not assigned to products.

Picture

Finally, sales and direct cost data are combined with Machining and Order Filling costs to determine product margins.

Picture

What is the product margin for Product I3 under activity-based costing?
A) -$6,400
B) $3,040
C) $7,600
D) $3,820
5.
Loffredo Corporation has provided the following data from its activity-based costing accounting system:

Picture

Distribution of Resource Consumption across Activity Cost Pools:
Activity Cost Pools

Picture

The "Other" activity cost pool consists of the costs of idle capacity and organization-sustaining costs that are not assigned to products.

How much supervisory wages and factory supplies cost would be assigned to the Batch Processing activity cost pool?
A) $136,500
B) $210,000
C) $420,000
D) $186,000
6.
Wecker Corporation uses the following activity rates from its activity-based costing to assign overhead costs to products:

Picture

Data concerning two products appear below:

Picture

How much overhead cost would be assigned to Product V09X using the activity-based costing system?
A) $157.87
B) $91,722.47
C) $10,385.22
D) $5,485.50
7.
Gaucher Corporation has provided the following data from its activity-based costing accounting system:

Picture

The activity rate for the "designing products" activity cost pool is closest to:
A) $78 per product design hour
B) $582,016 per product design hour
C) $128 per product design hour
D) $89 per product design hour
8.
A duration driver is:
A) A simple count of the number of times an activity occurs.
B) An activity measure that is used for the life of the company.
C) A measure of the amount of time required to perform an activity.
D) An activity measure that is used for the life of an activity-based costing system.
9.
Groch Corporation uses activity-based costing to compute product margins. Overhead costs have already been allocated to the company's three activity cost pools-Processing, Supervising, and Other. The costs in those activity cost pools appear below:

Picture

Processing costs are assigned to products using machine-hours (MHs) and Supervising costs are assigned to products using the number of batches. The costs in the Other activity cost pool are not assigned to products. Activity data appear below:

Picture

Finally, sales and direct cost data are combined with Processing and Supervising costs to determine product margins.

Picture

The activity rate for the Supervising activity cost pool under activity-based costing is closest to:
A) $3.50 per batch
B) $28.50 per batch
C) $3.68 per batch
D) $2.85 per batch
10.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for requesting me. I am working on these questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A duration driver is:

D) An activity measure that is used for the life of an activity-based costing system

Missing this one from the answer sheet.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.