linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

1. Committed fixed costs are fixed costs that are not controllable. A)

1.
Committed fixed costs are fixed costs that are not controllable.
A) True
B) False
2.
Selling and administrative expenses are product costs under generally accepted accounting principles.
A) True
B) False
3.
Within the relevant range, variable cost per unit will:
A) increase as the level of activity increases.
B) remain constant.
C) decrease as the level of activity increases.
D) none of these.
4.
Erkkila Inc. reports that at an activity level of 7,900 machine-hours in a month, its total variable inspection cost is $210,061 and its total fixed inspection cost is $191,970.

What would be the average fixed inspection cost per unit at an activity level of 8,100 machine-hours in a month? Assume that this level of activity is within the relevant range.
A) $50.89
B) $24.30
C) $23.70
D) $32.96
5.
At a sales volume of 35,000 units, Thoma Corporation's sales commissions (a cost that is variable with respect to sales volume) total $448,000.

To the nearest whole cent, what should be the average sales commission per unit at a sales volume of 36,800 units? (Assume that this sales volume is within the relevant range.)
A) $13.49
B) $12.17
C) $12.80
D) $12.49
6.

To the nearest whole dollar, what should be the total sales commissions at a sales volume of 33,200 units? (Assume that this sales volume is within the relevant range.)
A) $424,960
B) $448,000
C) $436,480
D) $472,289
7.
Slappy Corporation leases its corporate headquarters building. This lease cost is fixed with respect to the company's sales volume. In a recent month in which the sales volume was 20,000 units, the lease cost was $482,000.

To the nearest whole cent, what should be the average lease cost per unit at a sales volume of 19,200 units in a month? (Assume that this sales volume is within the relevant range.)
A) $28.52
B) $24.60
C) $25.10
D) $24.10
8.
The salary of the president of a manufacturing company would be classified as which of the following?
A) Product cost
B) Period cost
C) Manufacturing overhead
D) Direct labor
9.
The following cost data pertain to the operations of Swestka Department Stores, Inc., for the month of July.

Picture

The Northridge Store is just one of many stores owned and operated by the company. The Cosmetics Department is one of many departments at the Northridge Store. The central warehouse serves all of the company's stores.

What is the total amount of the costs listed above that are direct costs of the Cosmetics Department?
A) $74,000
B) $36,000
C) $31,000
D) $40,000
10.
Which of the following would NOT be treated as a product cost for external financial reporting purposes?
A) Depreciation on a factory building.
B) Salaries of factory workers.
C) Indirect labor in the factory.
D) Advertising expenses.
I getting the other info ready for ya time limit is 60 min. Thank you.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for requesting me. I am working on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2012-07-16_231004_9.docx

Question 9
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only missed one, want to work on more tomorrow around the same time.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Yes sure, see you tomorrow.

By the way which one we missed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
9-D, guess everything worked they are billing me.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Have a great day. I provided answer as D only.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you ready?
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Please post your questions in a new post. Please add "FOR LINDA " in front of the post.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here it comes
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
ok.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tomorrow 7ish?
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Sure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10 q's quiz and an exam, im not sure how many q's for the exam. then a quiz on thursday. are you up for it?
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you ready?
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Yes please post your question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all correct, are you ready for the next test, I'm not sure how many questions there are but the dead line is 70 min. let me know when you are ready.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
I am ready now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well I cant copy them
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Try using a screen shot
or type them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What time are you going to be available for the 25Q's test tomorrow?
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
6.30 pm EST would be good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you view this? I'm trying to find an easier way for you to view the q's since I can not copy and paste. questions
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Nothing got posted. No worries we will do it tomorrow whatever work for both of us.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
15 minutes then press forward, cool with you?
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
need little longer break 30 Min :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im good with that, just send me a message when you are ready.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Sure.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Let start the next one.
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Can we do the last one tomorrow?