Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0
3708793

Zimmer, a manufacturer of modular rooms, plans to expand its

Zimmer, a manufacturer of modular rooms, plans to expand its operations in Landshut, Germany. The expansion will cost $14.5 million and is expected to generate annual net cash flows of €2.15 million for a period of 12 years and then the operation will be sold for €1 million (net of taxes). The cost of capital for the project is 14%. Using a spot exchange rate of $1.25/€ as the forecast FX rate for the euro for the term of the project, compute the NPV of this expansion project.

Dupree Funds is considering the fees charged by two banks. First America charges a flat rate of $0.11 per payment and First Western requires a deposit of $500,000 (that does not pay interest to Dupree), plus $.05 per payment. What is the number of payments per year where the costs of the two banks will be equal? Assume Dupree's cost of funds is 9%.

What is the annual tax shield to a firm that has total assets of $80 million and a net worth of $55 million, if the average interest rate on debt is 8.5% and the marginal tax rate is 35%?

Jason is interested in finding the breakeven point for a new pump it plans to produce. The price of the pump is $250 and the variable cost ratio is 50% of the price. Jason calculated that the fixed costs will be about $400,000. What is the breakeven point of operations?

Crown Honda purchased one of its most popular motorcycle models for 965,000 yen. The FX rate for the yen was 142 yen per dollar at the time of purchase, but then rose to 171.8 yen by the time payment was made. What was the dealer’s gain or loss on the change in rates?

Seduak has estimated the costs of debt and equity capital for various proportions of debt in its capital structure.

% Debt After-tax cost of debt Cost of equity
0% - 13.0%
10 5.4% 13.3
20 5.4 13.8
30 5.8 14.4
40 6.3 15.2
50 7.0 16.0
60 8.2 17.0

Based on these estimates, determine Seduak’s optimal capital structure
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Please advise your deadline as well as the name of the book you are using: Title, author's name, and edition

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Following is the name of the text:

Fundamentals of Financial Management (13th edition) Brigham/Houston

The assignment is due July 9th at 8:00pm

I am working on them now :)

Should be done in an hour or so

Hello again

Please click on the following link for the solutions:

https://www.box.com/s/57953e5971b619db9af6

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do not see how you calculated the final answers. Could you add that to the final document?

Hi Chaben,

The solution is in an excel sheet. If you stop at any cell, you will be able to see how it is calculated (You need to download the file to your pc). Also, there was a mistake in the old version for question 5. The calcualtions are all correct, but instead of typing "Dealer's gain", I have typed "Dealer's Loss", but the instructor could probably see the answer is correct and that it was a typing mistake, still I corrected it

Please tell me if you need anything else

P.S. Please rate the solutions

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I downloaded the spreadsheet and can see how they were calculated. I did not see the option to 'accept' the answers. I'm new to justanswers.com, but I'll check again so I can accept the answers so you can get credit.

No, there is no Accept button anymore :)

Once you rate the solution (Hopefully you rate it as Excellent :), I get paid

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I try to rate the solution, nothing happens. The only place the rating option is available is on this e-mail thread. Do we need to close out the thread before the site will give me the option to rate the answer?

I am not sure Chaben :) This whole rating system is new to me as well :)

I will post this message as an Answer, it might give you the rating option now. So is all clear now?

Here is the link to the solutions again:

Thank you

Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0