If you would like to post the questions I can possibly assist.
There are 30 questions, but here is the first one..
1) Bill Simmons is the manager of a small restaurant and must decide how much money he owes his suppliers. The best way for Bill to approach this as a critical thinker is to
I am looking for the whole exam however, I actually used you for my last exam about 5 weeks ago
I am going to switch out of chat and then you can post all of the questions. Is there a deadline?
yes, I have about 2 hrs left.
Where do I post all of the questions?
1) Bill Simmons is the manager of a small restaurant andmust decide how much money he owes his suppliers. The best way for Bill toapproach this as a critical thinker is to
A. collect and analyze the evidence
B. identify opportunities and obstacles
C. understand different perspectives on theissue
D. weigh the consequences of this decision
2) Critical thinking is very important in making decisionsthat impact an organization's growth and survival. Which of the followingtraits of a critical thinker is essential in this process?
A. Intellectual integrity
B. Intellectual empathy
C. Intellectual perseverance
D. Intellectual courage
3) When faced with a decision opportunity, a criticalthinker must sort through a variety of readily apparent symptoms in order tofocus on important considerations that may be hidden. Based on the decisionsteps model, when framing a problem a helpful step is to
A. Determine root causes
B. Measure the decision
C. Frame alternatives
D. Evaluate effects of the problem
4) In the stages of development of critical thinking, whichof the following types of thinking entails exploring the foundation of ourthinking and discover how we have come to think and believe we do?
A. Beginning thinker
B. Practical thinker
C. Advanced thinker
D. Master thinker
5) One way for a leader to develop alternative perspectivesfor decision making is to:
A. increase the use of the logical thinkingstyle
B. increase the homogeneity of his or her team
C. assign the role of devil's advocate formeetings
D. apply past decision successes to currentdecision opportunities
6) The outcome of the process of framing the problemincludes:
A. a list of potential alternative courses ofaction
B. a list of criteria, goals, and objectives fora decision
C. a timeline for decision implementation
D. an assessment of resources needed to executea decision
7) A form of critical thinking is fair-minded, persuasivethinking. When engaging in problem formulation and identification with a group,the fair minded persuader would:
A. communicate only that information whichsupports the desired decision
B. avoid all affective appeals
C. emphasizes affective appeals over data andreason
D. acknowledges the difficulty that his or herposition creates for the audience
8) Of the decision styles listed below, which one should beused for a non-urgent, yet critical and unusual problem affecting multiplestakeholders?
D. Programmed decision making
9) Urgent crisis conditions might call for a decision makingstyle that is
10) A manager may properly choose to ignore a problem
A. when the costs of doing nothing are less thanthe cost of addressing the problem
B. because of a bias against change
C. when the problem is surfaced through apositive trigger point
D. when a Pareto chart has properly clarifiedthe causes of a problem
11) ____________ is based on the concept that 80% of aproject's goal can be achieved by doing 20% of the work or that 80% of theproblems are due to 20% of causes.
A. Plus/Minus Implications (PMI)
B. Force Field Analysis
C. Criteria Matrix
D. Pareto Analysis
12) For urgent decisions, which approach may be the mostefficient and effective use of the manager's time when there are other criticalcompeting priorities?
D. Brainstorming and multivoting with a team
13) Upon review of the customer comment cards dropped in thebox in his convenience store, Bob sees that 61% of the customers filling out acard have expressed dissatisfaction with waiting times. Bob decides to add anadditional cashier during the day. Bob is using the ______ thinking style inorder to make this decision.
A. deductive logical
D. inductive logical
14) In nearly all decision-making models, which of thefollowing is an essential step in the decision-making process?
A. Identify alternatives
B. Analyzing negative feedback
C. Appraising the problem
D. Making trade-offs
15) You have been assigned to a project team to develop amarketing plan a new product being launched by your company. Which of thefollowing should the project team do first?
A. Identify the obstacles presented bycompetitors.
B. Define the project team's goal.
C. Consult with the rest of the employeesinvolved in the new product development.
D. Deliberate about the project team'scommitment.
16) Jan has been selected to implement her company'sdecision to expand her company's manufacturing operation into a new location.Six months into this project, the building has been completed, and machineryinstalled. However, Jan has been unable to secure enough applicants with thetechnical skills needed to operate this computerized facility. Jan'simplementation plan was most deficient in its consideration of
B. technological constraints
C. organizational mission
17) In response to declining profits, a company decides thatit needs to become world class, but is having difficulty developing animplementation plan around the goal of "becoming world class." Rather thanimplement this decision, the company would be well advised to return to the ______step of decision making.
A. develop criteria, goals, and objectives
B. frame alternatives
C. determine measurements
D. evaluate the decision
18) Which factor would be most critical in decisionimplementation?
A. Contingency plan
C. Ethical considerations
D. Resources to implement decision
19) Freda is analyzing the prospects for a new gamblingcasino that her company is considering. In the course of her analysis, Fredahas identified potential stakeholder resistance to this venture, in that shehas discovered that the area is very densely populated with houses of worship.She has also discovered a potential source of support for this venture, in thatthe local government has established tax credits for new businesses in aneffort to stimulate employment. Freda is, in all likelihood, developing a
A. resource allocation survey
C. financial proforma income statement
D. ROI analysis
20) When implementing a decision, a company must ensure thatits actions remain consistent with its
A. current resource allocations
B. organizational mission
C. past practices and procedures
D. employee's preferences
21) Which decision making tool would be used in identifyingpossible causes for a problem?
C. Fishbone diagram
22) Markus worked last summer as a receptionist in alawyer's office. During a discussion with you, he commented that he was askedto tell callers that the lawyer was in court when in fact the lawyer wasplaying golf! He eventually quit the job because he believes that under nocircumstance is it permissible to tell a lie. Markus appears to be followingthe ethical system referred to as a
A. rule or deontological ethics
B. Practical deliberation
C. Virtue ethics
23) A company applying a ______ view of ethics wouldprobably find fewer impediments to decisions involving cross cultural factorsthan one applying a ______ view.
A. universalist, relativist
B. relativist, universalist
C. deontological, rule based
D. virtue, utilitarian
24) In a global economy, which of the following must amanager consider in ensuring the ethicality of his or her decision?
A. Cross-cultural issues
B. Conflicting legal issues
C. Justification for outsourcing
25) A tool that is helpful in monitoring, evaluating, andchanging a decision as needed during implementation is the
A. stakeholder summary analysis
B. Plan, do, check, act (PDCA) cycle
C. contingency plan effectiveness audit
D. financial effectiveness audit
26) A measurement that identifies the degree to which goalsand objectives are attained is a measure of:
A. organizational effectiveness
B. organizational precision
C. organizational efficiency
D. organizational stability
27) In order to apply continuous improvement in decisionmaking, a company should take the time to record not only the results of itsdecisions, but also the
A. impact to external stakeholders
B. financial results
C. customer satisfaction data
D. process through which the decision wasmade
28) A company has decided to fund a summer basketball leaguefor young people in the community. The decision will result in increasedexpenditures with no increase in revenues or profits. In evaluating thisdecision outcome, the officers of the company must weigh both its ______responsibility and its ______ responsibility, two components of corporatesocial responsibility.
A. economic, legal
B. economic, philanthropic
C. economic, fiduciary
D. legal, ethical
29) As noted in our texts, a key measurement of ourdecisions is: "Are they ethical?" In order to achieve a superior level ofethical behavior in its decision making processes, leaders should instill a(n)______ in those charged with making decisions.
A. compliance basedapproach to ethical considerations
B. integrity based approach to ethicalconsiderations
C. legal approach to ethical considerations
D. utilitarian approach to ethicalconsiderations
30) When evaluating the decision processes in anorganization, leaders should consider doing which of the following?
A. Make a list of those affected by thedecision, and determine if those interests are represented in the process underconsideration.
B. Make sure to focus on results of the decisionrather than the process.
C. Ensure that the process is consistent for allsignificant decisions.
D. Ensure that all of a company's stakeholdersprovide input all of a company's decisions.
Got it, working on it now.
No problem, here is the link to your information.... https://www.box.com/s/8bbc2acbfc35153cad5c
Please remember to rate/accept my answer as this is the only way I am compensated for my time. I am happy to answer any additional questions and you can always request my assistance by putting "forhrguru" in the subject line of your question.
Enjoy the rest of your day :)