Dimitry K., Esq., Doctoral Degree
Experience:  JD/MBA, Business Attorney

Question 1 Lea, a vice-president of International Pharmaceuticals,

Question 1

Lea, a vice-president of International Pharmaceuticals, Inc., does not apply Utilitarianism to business moral issues. One major problem with this ethical theory is that it
Answer
Advocates social change through violent revolution when people are not treated justly
Forces the individual to conform to the norms of society as to what it means to be socially responsible
Justifies human costs that some may find morally unacceptable
Promotes utopian societies such as Plato's conception of the Just State.
0.5 points

Question 2

How would the Sophists best treat the value of social responsibility?
Answer
Ignore it since nothing is real anyway.
Adhere to it since God commands it as in the parable of the Good Samaritan.
Use it instrumentally as a tool to empower yourself and your company.
Adhere to it since it is an intrinsic moral truth to help others.
0.5 points

Question 3

Social responsibility theories:
Answer
Are generally classified as modern ethical versions of Utilitarianism
Determine the moral worth of an action regardless of their consequences
Are largely precise legalistic formulations
Classify corporate social responsibility as typically the corporation engaging in community and civic affairs in a prudent manner.
0.5 points

Question 4

Nobel Prize winner Professor Emeritus Milton Friedman would favor a corporate code of conduct that would:
Answer
Maximize profits at all costs.
Maximize profits based on open and free competition.
Maximize profits as long as the corporation "plays within the rules" without fraud, deception, or other illegality.
B and C only.
0.5 points

Question 5

The doctrine that holds that business has an obligation to generally do good charitable deeds for society is:
Answer
Moral minimum
Maximizing profits
Social responsibility
Corporate legal status.
0.5 points

Question 6

Social responsibility can be best described as:
Answer
Acting legally
Acting morally
Taking an active part in one's community affairs and contributing to charities
All of the above.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and thank you very kindly for requesting me to assist you further.

Question 1

Answer
0.5 points

Question 2

Answer
Ignore it since nothing is real anyway.
0.5 points

Question 3

Social responsibility theories:
Answer
0.5 points

Question 4

Answer
Maximize profits at all costs.
B and C only.
0.5 points

Question 5

Answer
Moral minimum
Maximizing profits
Social responsibility
Corporate legal status.
0.5 points

Question 6

Answer
Acting legally
Acting morally
All of the above.

Good luck.
Dimitry K., Esq., Doctoral Degree
Experience: JD/MBA, Business Attorney