linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.

1. For EFG Co., the transaction "Payment of interest expense"

Customer Question

1. For EFG Co., the transaction "Payment of interest expense" would (Points : 2)
1-increase total assets.
2-decrease total assets.
3-have no effect on total assets.

2. Which of the following is NOT an element of the financial accounting system? (Points : 2)
1-A set of rules for determining the recording of economic events
2- A framework for preparing financial statements
3- A set of rules for the stock exchange
4- Controls to determine whether errors occur during recording

3. Better Belly, Inc. had the following assets and liabilities as of September 30, 2009:
Assets
$54,433
Liabilities
$28,416
What is the stockholders' equity of Better Belly as of September 30, 2009? (Points : 2)
1- $0
2- $26,017
3-$82,849
4-Cannot be determined with this information

4. RST borrowed $25,000 from the bank. Which of the following accurately shows the effects of the transaction? (Points : 2)
1- Increase cash $25,000 and decrease notes payable $25,000
2- Increase cash $25,000 and increase notes payable $25,000
3- Decrease cash $25,000 and decrease notes payable $25,000
4-Decrease cash $25,000 and increase notes payable $25,000

5. The income statement for August indicates net income of $50,000. The corporation also paid $10,000 in dividends during the same period. If there was no beginning balance in stockholders' equity, what is the ending balance in stockholders' equity? (Points : 2)
1-$40,000
2- $50,000
3-$10,000
4-$60,000

6. A __________ is an economic event that under generally accepted accounting principles affects an element of the financial statements and must be recorded. (Points : 2)
1-framework
2-control
3- set of rules
4-transaction

7. Receiving cash for fees earned affects which financial statement elements? (Points : 2)
1- Assets only
2-Stockholders' equity only
3-Assets and stockholders' equity
4- Assets and liabilities

8. Anderson, Inc. purchased land for cash. What effect does this transaction have on the following accounts: (Points : 2)
1- Increase in Cash and decrease in Land
2-Decrease in Cash and decrease in Land
3- Increase in Cash and increase in Land
4-Decrease in Cash and increase in Land

9. Anderson, Inc. paid rent expense of $4,000 for the month of October. How are the accounts affected due to this transaction? (Points : 2)
1- Increase in cash $4,000 and increase in retained earnings $4,000
2-Increase in cash $4,000 and decrease in retained earnings $4,000
3- Decrease in cash $4,000 and decrease in retained earnings $4,000
4- Decrease in cash $4,000 and increase in retained earnings $4,000

10. Paying expenses affects which financial statement elements? (Points : 2)
1- Assets only
2-Stockholders' equity only
3- Assets and stockholders' equity
4-Assets and liabilities
Category: Multiple Problems