linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.

(Simple and Compound Interest Computations) Lyle OKeefe invests

(Simple and Compound Interest Computations) Lyle O'Keefe invests $30,000 at 8% annual interest, leaving the money invested without withdrawing any of the interest for 8 years. At the end of the 8 years, Lyle withdrew the accumulated amount of money.

Instructions
(a) Compute the amount Lyle would withdraw assuming the investment earns simple interest.

(b) Compute the amount Lyle would withdraw assuming the investment earns interest compounded annually.

(c) Compute the amount Lyle would withdraw assuming the investment earns interest compounded semiannually.

Using the appropriate interest table, compute the present values of the following periodic amounts due at the end of the designated periods.
(a) $50,000 receivable at the end of each period for 8 periods compounded at 12%.

(b) $50,000 payments to be made at the end of each period for 16 periods at 9%.

(c) $50,000 payable at the end of the seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth periods at 12%.

Presented below are three unrelated situations.
(a) Ron Stein Company recently signed a lease for a new office building, for a lease period of 10 years. Under the lease agreement, a security deposit of $12,000 is made, with the deposit to be returned at the expiration of the lease, with interest compounded at 10% per year. What amount will the company receive at the time the lease expires?

(b) Kate Greenway Corporation, having recently issued a $20 million, 15-year bond issue, is committed to make annual sinking fund deposits of $620,000. The deposits are made on the last day of each year and yield a return of 10%. Will the fund at the end of 15 years be sufficient to retire the bonds? If not, what will the deficiency be?

(c) Under the terms of his salary agreement, president XXXXX XXXXX has an option of receiving either an immediate bonus of $40,000, or a deferred bonus of $75,000 payable in 10 years. Ignoring tax considerations, and assuming a relevant interest rate of 8%, which form of settlement should Rivera accept?

E6-8 (Computations for a Retirement Fund) Stephen Bosworth, a super salesman contemplating retirement on his fifty-fifth birthday, decides to create a fund on an 8% basis that will enable him to withdraw $25,000 per year on June 30, beginning in 2014 and continuing through 2017. To develop this fund, Stephen intends to make equal contributions on June 30 of each of the years 2010–2013.

Instructions
(a) How much must the balance of the fund equal on June 30, 2013, in order for Stephen Bosworth to satisfy his objective?

(b) What are each of Stephen's contributions to the fund?

Consider the following independent situations.
(a) Mark Yoders wishes to become a millionaire. His money market fund has a balance of $148,644 and has a guaranteed interest rate of 10%. How many years must Mark leave that balance in the fund in order to get his desired $1,000,000?

(b) Assume that Elvira Lehman desires to accumulate $1 million in 15 years using her money market fund balance of $239,392. At what interest rate must Elvira's investment compound annually?
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Hello jacat

I can help you with this question. Please advise your deadline.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need this by Saturday morning. I also do not want my user name or answers online for anyone tosee.

Thanks

Lori Laughing

Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Sure I respect that. I will have your answers before Saturday. Do check the updates and i will remove the link as soon as you download the answers as you requested.

Regards

Linda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Is the use of excel file and formula fine to solve these questions or do these need to be solved using PV/FV tables.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PV/FV is better

Thanks

Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.

Ok then how many decimal places to use or if you have tables you want me to use, please upload them here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have any tables. If it is easier use excel, that will be alright
Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.

Fine.

Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks!!! Please hide question and answer...

Have a beautiful weekend!!

Expert:  linda_us replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I have disabled the link as you requested. You have a great weekend too!!