Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  BA degree and Certified Public Accountant
23848519

1. __________ consist of businesses that buy goods and services

1. __________ consist of businesses that buy goods and services in order to produce other goods and services for sale.
A. Government organizations
B. Organizational buyers
C. Nonprofit associations
D. Trade associations
Question 2 of 20
__________, or resellers, purchase to resell at a profit.
A. Initiators
B. Marketing intermediaries
C. Users
D. Influencers
Question 3 of 20
Which of the following examples would most likely use straight rebuy?
A. Contractors looking for a replacement for stucco for homebuilding buy autoclaved, aerated concrete panels.
B. A physicians' office buys a $35,000 endoscope for examining their patients’ lungs.
C. A manufacturer of off-the-road vehicles practices just-in-time inventory and needs to arrange for the purchase of additional electric starters.
D. A cold-storage warehouse buys a $100,000 generator to keep its 200,000 square feet of storage area cold in the event of an electric outage.
Question 4 of 20
Which of the following is the best example of a modified rebuy?
A. A contractor buys shingles for the roof of the 15th house he is building in Tara Woods subdivision.
B. The production manager for a meat processing plant is buying a $90,000 high-tech meat slicing machine that will save the company an estimated $20,000 annually in wastage.
C. The supermarket buys 24 replacement plastic pallets for storing food.
D. The purchasing department at a university makes a buying decision about its long distance telephone service provider.
Question 5 of 20 5
Which of the following is the best example of a new task purchase?
A. A dentist who has been in practice for 10 years buys a replacement dental chair just like the old one.
B. The office manager for several lawyers signs the firm up with an Internet service provider.
C. A Dallas-based hotel chain with 120 hotels and resorts spends $1.6 million to protect itself from computer viruses.
D. A department store upgrades its security system by installing a second video camera at the employees' entrance to the store.
Question 6 of 20
Which of the following statements correctly describes the difference between how organizational buyers make purchases and how final consumers make their purchases?
A. There is a greater emphasis on personal selling to organizational buyers than to final consumers.
B. Organizational buyers are more geographically dispersed than final consumers.
C. The buyer-seller relationships have fewer permutations in the consumer market than in business-to-business marketing.
D. The distribution channel for final consumers is shorter than for organizational buyers.
Question 7 of 20
A privately owned, small company with technology or production orientation will tend towards __________ decision making.
A. autonomous
B. joint decision
C. distributed
D. centralized
Question 8 of 20
Sole sourcing is advantageous to suppliers because it provides them with predictable and profitable demand and allows them:
A. to market the products with their brand names.
B. to build long-term relationship with organizations.
C. to look at the advantages and disadvantages of the organization.
D. to deliver the products on time.
Question 9 of 20
Organizations can be divided into three groups based on differences in degree of employee commitment. These groups include:
A. advertising, marketing, and finance.
B. HR, sales, and engineering.
C. innovative, adaptive, and lethargic firms.
D. planning, executing, and accomplishing tasks.
Question 10 of 20
__________ is the process by which buyers rate each potential supplier on various performance measures, such as product quality, on-time delivery, price, payment terms, and use of modern technology.
A. Quantity research
B. New task purchases
C. Priori segmentation
D. Vendor analysis
Question 11 of 20
Deciding how to segment a market prior to conducting marketing research is commonly referred to as __________ segmentation.
A. a priori
B. post-hoc
C. selective
D. autocratic
Question 12 of 20

Which of the following statements about market segmentation is true?
A. Market segmentation is not needed if the organization plans to adopt a mass marketing strategy.
B. Market segmentation analysis precedes product positioning, the cornerstone of sound marketing planning.
C. The logic of market segmentation is quite simple and is based on the idea that a single product item can seldom meet the needs and wants of all consumers.
D. According to the model of market segmentation analysis, the marketing process begins with the determination of consumer needs and wants.
Question 13 of 20
At a strategic level consumer needs and wants are translated into:
A. customer needs.
B. marketing needs.
C. primary data.
D. operational concepts.
Question 14 of 20
Real world segmentation has followed one of two general patterns, a priori segmentation approach and a __________ approach.
A. post hoc segmentation
B. market segmentation
C. benefit segmentation
D. psychographic segmentation
Question 15 of 20
To delineate its current situation a company should conduct a:
A. priori analysis.
B. mix contingency plans.
C. SWOT analysis.
D. marketing survey.
Question 16 of 20
What are the two most commonly used approaches for segmenting markets?
A. Benefit segmenting and psychographic segmentation
B. Advertising segmentation and financial segmentation
C. Nonprofit and profit segmentation
D. Marketing segmentation and geodemographic segmentation
Question 17 of 20
Benefit segmentation attempts to measure consumer value systems and:
A. benefits for a firm.
B. consumer loyalty.
C. consumer perceptions.
D. consumer locations.
Question 18 of 20
What does psychographic segmentation focus on?
A. Qualitative research
B. Quantitative research
C. Test market
D. Consumer lifestyles
Question 19 of 20
What does the term "horizontal dimension" refer to?
A. Cross-functional teams
B. Sales promotions
C. After-sale services
D. Primary motivations
Question 20 of 20
What does geodemographic segmentation identify?
A. Marketing ideas
B. Specific households in a market by focusing on local neighborhood geography to create classifications of actual, addressable, mapable neighborhoods where people live and shop
C. The height of mountains
D. Marketing strategies that are used to make decisions for future profits for the company
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the questions.

Please click here for the answers.

Hope this helps!
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: BA degree and Certified Public Accountant