Manal Elkhoshkhany
Manal Elkhoshkhany, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Completed by BA degree in 1988 and graduated with a GPA of 4.0
3708793

E9-7Brainiac Company purchased a delivery truck for $30,000

E9-7
Brainiac Company purchased a delivery truck for $30,000 on January 1, 2011. The truck has an expected salvage value of $2,000, and is expected to be driven 100,000 miles over its estimated useful life of 8 years. Actual miles driven were 15,000 in 2011 and 12,000 in 2012.

Compute depreciation using different methods.
(SO 3)

Instructions (a) Compute depreciation expense for 2011 and 2012 using (1) the straight-line method, (2) the units-of-activity method, and (3) the double-declining balance method.

(b) Assume that Brainiac uses the straight-line method. 1. Prepare the journal entry to record 2011 depreciation.

2. Show how the truck would be reported in the December 31, 2011, balance sheet.

E10-10

On January 1, Neuer Company issued $500,000, 10%, 10-year bonds at par. Interest is payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1.

Prepare entries for issuance of bonds, and payment and accrual of bond interest.
(SO 5)

InstructionsPresent journal entries to record the following. (a) The issuance of the bonds.

(b) The payment of interest on July 1, assuming that interest was not accrued on June 30.

(c) The accrual of interest on December 31.

E10-11
On January 1, Flory Company issued $300,000, 8%, 5-year bonds at face value. Interest is payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1.

Prepare entries for bonds issued at face value.
(SO 5)

InstructionsPrepare journal entries to record the following events. (a) The issuance of the bonds.

(b) The payment of interest on July 1, assuming no previous accrual of interest.

E10-15
Leoni Co. receives $240,000 when it issues a $240,000, 10%, mortgage note payable to finance the construction of a building at December 31, 2011. The terms provide for semiannual installment payments of $20,000 on June 30 and December 31.

Prepare entries to record mortgage note and installment payments.
(SO 7)

InstructionsPrepare the journal entries to record the mortgage loan and the first two installment payments.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 5 years ago.

Hello

Please click on the following link for the solutions:

http://www.box.com/s/d5e91c356ba59a3276ad

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you