Stephen, MBA
Stephen, MBA, MBA
Experience:  MBA

Last ones - thank you so much.... A companys competitive

Last ones - thank you so much....
A company's competitive strategy deals with
a. which weapons it plans to use in outmaneuvering rivals and achieving bigger sales volumes.
b. the specifics of management's game plan for competing successfully - how it intends to please customers, offensive and defensive moves to counter the maneuvers of rivals, reactions and responses to whatever market conditions prevail at the moment, and initiatives undertaken to improve the company's market position and achieve a competitive advantage.
c. what business, functional area, and operating-level strategies it will employ to execute its customer service proposition and profit proposition.
d. what actions, if any, the company is taking to change its position on the industry's strategic group map
e. the operating strategies it will employ to defend against the five competitive forces.

Focused strategies keyed either to low-cost or differentiation are especially appropriate for situations where
a. the industry contains five or more well-defined market segments and most buyers are either price sensitive or value-conscious.
b. the industry has many different niches and segments, thereby allowing a focuser to pick a competitively attractive niche suited to its resource strengths and capabilities and where few, if any, other rivals are attempting to specialize in the same target segment.
c. the industry is growing rapidly, a company can achieve a big enough volume to fully capture all the available scale economies, and the product offerings of most rival sellers are weakly differentiated.
d. buyers have low costs in switching from one seller’s brand to another, buyer bargaining power is relatively strong, and buyers needs and uses of the product are diverse.
e. not many buyers are price sensitive or value-conscious and where no other industry participants are also pursuing some type of focused strategy.
Which of the following is not one of the pitfalls of pursuing a differentiation strategy?
a. Trying to charge too high a price premium for the differentiating features
b. Overspending on efforts to differentiate the company's product offering, thus eroding profitability
c. Either differentiating on features or attributes that rivals can easily copy or else differentiating on the basis of attributes that produce an unenthusiastic buyer response (because they do not perceive the differentiating features as valuable or worth paying for).
d. Trying to strongly differentiate the company's product from those of rivals rather than be content with weak product differentiation
e. Adding so many frills and extra features that the product exceeds the needs and use patterns of most buyers
Which of the following statements about a best-cost provider strategy is false?
a. A best-cost provider strategy aims at attracting buyers on the basis of having the industry’s overall best-performing product at a price that is slightly below the industry-average price.
b. The competitive advantage of a best-cost provider is lower costs than rivals in incorporating upscale attributes, thus putting the company in a position to underprice rivals whose products have similar upscale attributes.
c. The target market for a best-cost provider is value-conscious buyers—buyers looking for appealing extras and functionality at an appealingly low price.
d. A company enjoys “best cost” status when it is able to incorporate appealing features, good-to-excellent product performance or quality, or more satisfying customer service into its product offering at a lower cost than rivals whose product offerings have similar upscale attributes—it is the low-cost provider of a product or service with upscale attributes.
e. Unless a company has the resources, know-how, and capabilities to incorporate upscale product or service attributes at a lower cost than rivals, adopting a best-cost strategy is ill-advised.
Which of the following is not among the best routes to achieving a sustainable competitive advantage via differentiation?
a. Incorporating features that enhance buyer satisfaction in intangible or non-economic ways
b. Appealing to buyers who are sophisticated and shop hard for the best, XXXXX XXXXX attributes
c. Emphasizing product attributes and user features that lower the buyer's overall costs of using the company's product
d. Incorporating features that raise product performance and deliver added value to the buyer/end-user
e. Delivering value to customers on the basis of competencies and competitive capabilities that rivals don't have or can't afford to match
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Stephen, MBA replied 2 years ago.

b b d a b

please do not forget to accept if saitsfied.

Stephen, MBA, MBA
Experience: MBA