unvrs
unvrs, Master's Degree
Experience:  CFA Level 2 Candidate

1. AVX Stereo Equipment survey: make an inference about customer

1. AVX Stereo Equipment survey: make an inference about customer reaction to policy

AVX Stereo Equipment, Inc recently began a "no hassles" return policy. A sample of 500 customers who had recently returned items showed 400 thought the policy was fair, 32 thought it took too long to complete the transaction, and the rest had no opinion. On the basis of this information, make an inference about customer reaction to the new policy.

2. Quick Change Oil Company: frequency distribution problem

The Quick Change Oil Company has a number of outlets in the Seattle area. The daily number of oil changes at the outlet in the past twenty days are:

65, 98, 55, 62, 79, 59, 51, 90, 72, 56
70, 62, 66, 80, 94, 79, 63, 73, 71, 85

The data is to be organized into a frequency distribution

how many classes would you recommend
what class interval would you suggest
what lower limit would you recommend for the first class
organize the number of oil changes into a frequency distribution
comment on the shape of the frequency distribution and determine the relative frequency distribution.

3. The food services division of Cedar River Amusement Park Inc., isstudying the amount families who visit the amusement park spend perday on food and drink. A sample of $40 families who visited thepark yesterday revealed they spent the following amounts:

$77 $18 $63 $84 $38 $54 $50 $59 $54 $56 $36 $26 $50 $34$44
$41 $58 $58 $53 $51 $62 $43 $52 $53 $63 $62 $62 $65 $61$52
$60 $60 $45 $66 $83 $71 $63 $58 $61 $71

Organize the data into a frequency distribution, using sevenclasses and 15 as the lower limit of the first class. What classinterval did you select? Where do the data tend to cluster?Describe the distribution. Determine the relative frequencydistribution.

4. The following chart summarizes the selling price of homes sold last month in the Sarasota, Florida, area.

a. What is the chart called? Line chart
b. How many homes were sold during the last month?
c. What is the class interval?
d. About 75 percent of the houses sold for less than what amount?
e. One hundred seventy-five of the homes sold for less than what amount?

5. Refer to the CIA data, which reports demographic and economic information on 46 countries. Develop a frequency distribution for the variable GDP per capita. Summarize your findings. What is the shape of the distribution?

6. A sample of the personnel files of eight employees at the Pawnee location of Acme Carpet Cleaners, Inc., revealed that during the last six-month period they lost the following
number of days due to illness:
2 0 6 3 10 4 1 2
A sample of eight employees during the same period at the Chickpee location of Acme
Carpets revealed they lost the following number of days due to illness.
2 0 1 0 5 0 1 0
As the director of human relations, compare the two locations. What would you recommend?
7. SCCoast, an Internet provider in the Southeast, developed the following frequency distribution on the age of Internet users. Find the mean and the standard deviation.
Age (years) Frequency
10 up to 20 3
20 up to 30 7
30 up to 40 18
40 up to 50 20
50 up to 60 12

8. The American Automobile Association checks prices of gasoline before many holiday
weekends. Listed below are the self-service prices for a sample of 15 retail outlets during the last Labor Day weekend in the Detroit, Michigan area
3.44 3.42 3.35 3.39 3.49 3.49 3.41 3.46
3.41 3.49 3.45 3.48 3.39 3.46 3.44
a. What is the arithmetic mean selling price?
b. What is the median selling price?
c. What is the modal selling price?

9.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  unvrs replied 2 years ago.

unvrs :

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I am happy to assist you with these problems. Would you please put the problems in a word document? It's very hard to read the data... Thanks.

unvrs :

Hi, I have finished all the problems except problems 4 and 5. Would you please post the data sets for those 2 problems? Thanks.

Customer:

The question are in the attachment file.

unvrs :

Thanks for uploading but there is still no data for problems 4 and 5 for me to refer to. Thanks.

Customer:

what data are you looking for?

Customer:

this is for number 5

unvrs :

Problem 4 states

"The following chart summarizes the selling price of ...." But there is not chart provided in the problem.

Customer:

I will send you chart

unvrs :

Thanks.

Customer:

You can find data in question 36. question 36 has data for the number

Customer:

A. Select the variable team salary and find the mean, median, and the standard deviation. and C. Select the variable that refers to the seating capacity of the stadium. Find the mean. median, and the standard deviation.

Customer:

I added one more question

unvrs :

Hi, here is the solution. http://www.box.com/s/1yd6lfh8524xurm344dq
For the last problem you added, there is no variable for seating capacity.

unvrs :

Thanks.

unvrs, Master's Degree
Experience: CFA Level 2 Candidate