linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  Business Analyst and Solution Consultant with over 9 years of experience.
19873544

According to the depreciation rates used by the company

Customer Question

For Neo - This is the last of them - Thank you...

8. According to the depreciation rates used by the company and described in the Production Cost Report, if a company adds 60 new workstations at a cost of $250,000 each and also spends $5 million for an addition to its assembly plant to accommodate the new workstations, then its annual depreciation costs will rise by

$200,000 – A

$700,000 – B

$80,000 – C

$2,000,000 – D

None of these - E

9. Assume a company’s Income Statement for a given period has the following entries:
Income Statement Data Quarter 1
(in 000s)
Sales Revenues $50,000
Production Costs 26,500
Delivery Costs 1,600
Marketing Costs 8,500
Administrative Expenses 2,000
Operating Profit 14,400
Net Interest 2,750
Income Before Taxes 11,650
Taxes 3,495
Net Income $8,155
Given the above figures, the company’s net profit margin (defined as net income divided by sales revenues, as per the Help screen for the Comparative Financial Performance page of the GSR) is

16.3% - A

18.8% - B

17.7% - C

19.1% - D

None of these – E

10. If a company earns net income of $35 million in Year 8, has 10 million shares of stock, pays a dividend of $1.50 per share, and has annual interest costs of $15 million, then

the company would have Year 9 retained earnings of $10 million. – A

the company's retained earnings for Year 8 would be $35 million. – B

the company's earnings per share would equal $2.50. – C

the company's retained earnings for Year 8 would be $5 million (net income of $35 million less dividend payments of $15 million less $15 million in interest payments). - D

the company would have Year 8 retained earnings of $20 million (net income of $35 million less dividend payments of $15 million). - E

11. According to the cost allocation methods used in the company's accounting system that are described in the Production Cost Report, if a company employs 100 PATs at a total labor cost of $9,000,000 (including wages, fringes, incentives, overtime, training, and severance expenses), assembles and ships 800,000 entry-level cameras and 200,000 multi-featured cameras over the course of a year, has revenues of $80 million from sales of entry level cameras, and revenues of $120 million from the sale of multi-featured cameras, then the total annual labor costs allocated to the assembly and shipment of entry-level cameras and the labor costs per entry-level camera assembled and shipped, respectively, will be

$3,600,000 and $6.00. – A

$7,200,000 and $9.00.- B

$4,500,000 and $5.63. – C

$5,600,000 and $8.00. – D

$5,600,000 and $28.00. - E
12. Which of the following is not an action company co-managers can take to boost a subpar ROE?

Increase dividend payments so as to reduce the amount of net income retained in the business (retained earnings act to increase equity investment and thus dampen ROE) – A

Decrease the dividend payment so as to boost the amount of earnings retained in the business – B

Strive to boost the company’s net income – C

Use available cash (or perhaps borrow against the company’s line of credit) to repurchase shares of stock – D

None of these – E

13. According to explanations provided on the Help screens for the Production Cost Report, if a company pays a PAT member a base wage of $18,500, a $50 quarterly bonus for perfect attendance, and annual fringe benefits of $3,300, if a PAT is paid a $1 incentive bonus per camera assembled, and if a PAT assembles 9,600 cameras per year (or 2,400 cameras per quarter), then the annual compensation cost of a single PAT member and a fully-staffed PAT would be

$24,400 and $97,600 – A

$22,000 and $88,000 – B

$25,300, and $101,200 – C

$31,200 and $124,800 – D

None of these - E

16. If in a given year a company spends $3 million on new product development, design, and engineering for its entry-level camera line; $6 million on new product development, design, and engineering for its multi-featured camera line; assembles and ships 1,000,000 entry-level cameras and 200,000 multi-featured cameras, then the company’s production costs for new product development expenditures for entry-level cameras would be

capitalized and depreciated over the next five years, thus producing an average cost per entry-level camera of $0.60 annually for each of the next five years

$5.00 per camera – A

$30.00 per camera – B

$3.00 per camera – C

$7.50 per camera - D
Category: Multiple Problems