Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have 2009 twin 800 polaies atv just started it up no

Customer Question

I have 2009 twin 800 polaies atv just started it up no tack,no nothing in cluster runs ok
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the cluster assembly itself.Since it does run and ride o.k. make sure no wiring is damaged leading to the cluster and if this is all o.k. I suspect the cluster itself may be at fault here needing repaired or replaced.I have seen the cluster fail in the past before needing replaced for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
before I go order a new cluster is the any kind of ck with tester I can do to be sure power is going to cluster.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Usually you can test for power and ground at the cluster to be sure this is the cause here.Unfortunately I do not have a diagram of the cluster wiring to say for sure how to test this here.You should have at least one wire with power and one with a ground.In some cases a "tap" test on the cluster will help to identify if the cluster is faulty needing replaced.If you remove and tap on it several times and it starts to work or works even briefly this indicates the cluster needs repaired or replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I very disapointed in your answer of cking out cluster I am 73 not very good on computer and was able to find picture of cluster showed fron and back side should have known you were like most mechanics want to remove and repace until problem if fixed instead of doing checks to find out for sure problem I am very disappointed and will never use your services again
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

I apologize that my info here didnt help.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 2 day ago.

I see my answer has received a poor rating.I apologize if my info didn't help with what you were looking for here.I saw no one had responded and thought I would try and help here.I strive to achieve an o.k. to excellent rating and in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose a problem from here.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.I can also open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete