Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2008 polaris switch back 800 turbo sled that is

Customer Question

i have a 2008 polaris switch back 800 turbo sled that is back firing at a idel
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: its a snowmobile
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes change spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be due to a lean engine running condition.I have seen issues with debris in the fuel tank in some cases as well as dirty fuel filters or a vacuum leak.I have also seen issues with the carb or injectors ( depending on which it has) that may be causing a lean engine running fault.But this is usually a lean engine running fault causing this needing located and corrected.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete