Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

1998 Suzuki quadrunner. Idles fine. When the throttle is

Customer Question

1998 Suzuki quadrunner. Idles fine. When the throttle is opened up, the engine bogs down. Pulled the fuel line to the carb and used a gravity fed fuel source, at idle has good flow. At wide open, flow decreases and engine bogs. I cleaned the carb before the test and found the ethanol scale.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have not checked or had the exhaust tested for excessive back pressure this should be done.In some cases excessive back pressure can cause low vacuum in the engine causing this fault here.I have had to replace plugged exhaust components for similar faults like this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete