Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience, MMI, HD technician, HD early, engine rebuild/performance, bike builder, kit bike program manager, CCI 2001-2004
11090168

Will contact Mech when wife arrives back with credit card

Customer Question

Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

what is your question?

tell me everything you can.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Steve. I have*****king. I replaced the battery and the external battery charger lead shorted between the frame and the seat and burnt the wire The issue I have is that I no activation of the starter but all other electrics are working I have check with a test light over the top of the fuses on the left hand side of the bike. Have I buggered something or is there another fuse or relay fuse that I need to check.
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

first, there is a possibility your battery was damaged. you will need a multimeter to find out.

second, your symptoms indicate our security system is enabled.

- if the FOB battery has no been replaced in the last year, replace the FOB battery and try to start again.

- the FOB does not disarm the security system, disarm the security system by the manual procedure in your owners manual.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Steve. New battery after the event. But I recon your right with key fob as the bike was not used for a while it could be dead. Will have it replaced and let you know. Big Assie thanks Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi. Steve. The fob battery fixed my issue the starter now turns over. Can I ask one more question my fuel pump is not working. When I test fuse with a test light both sides of the appropriate fuse are dead. What would be your thoughts here would release the fuse holder and see what is happening behind. When I easy start it fires indicating no fuel Nev ps my wife paid yesterday did she pay in full. Nev
Expert:  Steve replied 4 months ago.

check the other fuses. check the ECM fuse. buy a multimeter when you get a few extra bucks.

Steve

Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve