Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Kenny, Sorry it took me so to finally get to the bike! My

Customer Question

Kenny,Sorry it took me so long to finally get to the bike! My son has been out of town. I noticed the question is now closed? Are we able to reopen the question or how can we proceed?As I started working on the bike I noticed one of the wires on the regulators connector was pulled out. I fixed that and now I have lights, tail lights and turn signals. I also found that the wires at the headlight were severed. So I don't have a stater problem.I went ahead and tested the stater as requested. The outcome is as follows:With connector unplugged at idle I'm getting around 22.1 out of the stater and revved up it goes up to around 50.1. Then with the connector plugged in I'm getting a reading of 2.8 when I read the bike it drops down to 1.6I do have very low output from my headlight. It's actually terrible! Can you help me resolve this problem?Again, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I now have the bike and can work with you at your convenience!
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any more damaged or corroded wiring this needs done to see if any more wiring is found to be at fault here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I hope to get back to the bike in the next couple of days
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,if you need anything else here let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pete, everything is hooked up properly, all lights work but my headlight has been forever dim. I have two KLX650's and I've tried both lights with the same results - dim headlight?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

This is a difficult question for me to fully answer from here myself but others may be able to assist more.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete