Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I bought a 2013 aprilla tuono that was stolen and recovered

Customer Question

I bought a 2013 aprilla tuono that was stolen and recovered but don't have a key for it I'm trying to figure out how to start it because the ignition is damaged maybe install a push button or toggle switch please help
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: It spins over headlights are dim
JA: What is the model of your '13 motorcycle?
Customer: Aprilla tuono
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Put a charger on the battery and tried touching the silinoid but just spins over
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Am I supposed to hold the brake and clutch in to start
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 12 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have to have the ignition cylinder replaced with key to allow this to start and operate again unfortunately.This new of a model may have a security system built into it that requires an ignition cylinder and key to allow starting.This usually has to be obtained and done by a dealer in most cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete