Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My speedometer has stopped working and my odometer went

Customer Question

My speedometer has stopped working and my odometer went blank 2007 Streetglide
JA: What's the make/model/year of your bike?
Customer: 2007 Streetglide
JA: What is the model of your '07 motorcycle?
Customer: Streetglide
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet. I plan on trying to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The odometer usually runs off of the speedometer signal.If the speedometer stopped then there will be no odometer signal as well but the odometer should still light up.With what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the gauge assembly for this model here.This can be the entire assembly needing repaired or replaced to resolve this fault.

You will need to have this tested/checked into further to help locate the cause and from there then repaired to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete