Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I replaced my throttle cable and now have no grip heater on

Customer Question

Hello, I replaced my throttle cable and now have no grip heater on the throttle side, 2000 bmw k1200rs, any ideas? thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
maybe a diagram of the wiring, thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to inspect the wiring to the grip heater itself and leading to it for any issues at all.If any faults are found with damaged,broken or corroded or disconnected wiring is found this will need repaired.This is usually the most common cause for this fault here after the throttle cable has been replaced.If this is checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hey Pete my name John and I could not find anything wrong w/wires going to grip warmers, do you have a schematic of these parts assembled? anything close?thanks John
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not have a diagram or layout of these myself here on this model.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you know if anyone else on the board of motorcycle techs there has this info?thanks John
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

There should be others here that can help with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I guess I will need to find the answer elsewhere?