Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

There is spark and injector pulse initially to start the

Customer Question

There is spark and injector pulse initially to start the engine. As soon as it starts, spark and injector pulse are lost on the rear cylinder.i replaced the cdi. Did not fix the problem.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: i load tested the battery...good. did not check headlights
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2011 Kawasaki mule 4010
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, CDI replacement
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Headlights are bright. Engine starts good. Idles poor & no acceleration.
Using a noid light to check for injector pulse. It flashes while cranking , but
Stops flashing on rear cylinder after engine starts.
Loses spark after start on rear cylinder too.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It's a 2011 Kawasaki mule 4010
Model KAF620R
Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any loose or damaged wiring at all leading from the CDI to the rear of the cylinder components this needs done.I have seen in some cases corroded or damaged wiring that work and send signals until the vehicle is started then the vibration from the starting causes signal loss due to the wiring fault.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete