Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have power to the coil and out the coil but no spark, 03

Customer Question

I have power to the coil and out the coil but no spark
JA: What's the make/model/year of your bike?
Customer: 03 z1000
JA: What is the model of your '03 motorcycle?
Customer: no fi cdes but fi flashes constant when holding the start button
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: once I try to start the bike they do come on and yes
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the whole story so u know is I drove the bike to work I'm a diesel tech at john deere I was going to lunch and lost my key and couldn't find it so I was taking the ignition out to take to a locks smith so she could get the key code and make me a spare well I broke it I have been waiting for a month for the ignition switch to get here well I cant wait so I went and got a 100 ohm resistor and put in between the brown and grey well everything seemed work but I had some fi codes and replaced the cdi box both map sensors all fuses the tip over sensor all 4 coils and I bypassed the kickstand sensor...P.S my key was found 2 days later in a customers cup holder in his tractor lol
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm at a lost point now
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No that's everything I know I don't have the tail lights hooked up cuz I had the fairings off when I was tracing the wires for a short
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
what is the correct way to bypass the ignition switch I want to make sure the way I did mine is proper?
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

IN some cases you may have to obtain the info on the bypass from a local dealer/repair center since no one has posted this info here.Yours may be incorrectly bypassed which is why it isnt working.It may take a different resistor or electrical components to bypass it.If contacting a dealer or repair center to obtain this info is not an option for you let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I want my money back this was no help
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

Unfortunately this is the only info I have on this here myself.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No please just refund I do appreciate your help.
Expert:  Pete replied 18 days ago.

The link below will help with what you are looking for.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help