Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

This is a 4 wheeler. The Honda Foreman. I am not getting

Customer Question

This is a 4 wheeler. The Honda Foreman. I am not getting fuel. It will run on starting fluid through the intake then die after fuel source is gone. Where is the fuel pump, and would the carb cause a no start condition or just poor running.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 23 days ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, what year please?

Still, there is no fuel pump on most carb version.

A common cause of poor or no fuel feed would be a clogged strainer filter that feeds the fuel valve and this would be inside the tank.

In some others, it may be a float issue and/or the needle valve that the float controls. These duo controls the flow of fuel inside the carb.

Fuel into the carb can be checked by draining the contents of the bowl.

In some others, there may be a vacuum controlled fuel valve that would only allow fuel flow if the engine is running hence vacuum at the intake manifold.