michael silva
michael silva, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Owner at Mikes Moto Repair
96918254

I just bought a Polaris 570 in late August & just went in

Customer Question

I just bought a Polaris 570 in late August & just went in for the 10 hour check up, since the purchase I have nearly run out of the trailer I took it home in & since with trailering it back to the dealership for the checkup. On starting it in forward or reverse it will not engage the transmission until it has 1/2 throttle & surges forward extremely fast. It's very dangerous when your in a close parked area. The dealership said it was o.k., that it tested out normal. Is this possible.
Disgusted.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  michael silva replied 2 months ago.

Sounds like its a rough ride. Either have a damage/bad drive belt or primary clutch stall spring is incorrect, or secondary clutch adjustment is off. The Polaris 570 has 2 clutches. Primary clutch has a stall spring which controls what rpm the clutch will begin to engage and grabbing the belt. with the clutch cover off and machine off, pushing on the face of the primary clutch you should have a around 4mm of free play. As for the secondary clutch the belt should be about 4mm above the rim of the clutch.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
O.K., we'll see that is the problem.
Thanks
Did you end up taking your atv in, or would you like me to walk you through the process of checking it out yourself.